Catholic Charities of Central Texas
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Catholic Charities of Central Texas
- 12-Feb-2019 to 31-May-2019 (CST)
- Counseling Services
- Austin, TX, USA
- Part Time
Position will remain open until filled or canceled
Catholic Charities is a religious organization founded by the Catholic Diocese of Austin to provide direct social services to those in need. It is related to but separate from the diocese. Catholic Charities helps the Bishop of Austin fulfill Christ's mission in Central Texas. Some positions employed in Catholic Charities of Central Texas help to extend the ministry of the Catholic Church in particular ways as outlined in the job description. Therefore, the Catholic Charities of Central Texas employee in this position is related to and assists the Catholic Church in the performance of its ministry and thereby engages in ministry for the church.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for assisting the Clinical Supervisor and staff with supporting the activities and services for the Counseling Program.
Typical schedule would be Monday to Thursday, 3:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m., Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. This position requires working some evenings and Saturdays.
- Perform administrative support functions for the Counseling Program such as respond to emails, sort and distribute mail, photocopies and files, prepare routine correspondence, memos, perform data entry, and complete forms or reports.
- Follow set procedures in carrying out instructions with general supervision.
- Organize and maintain filing system.
- Greet visitors and answer telephone calls, coordinate client appointments and referrals of other CCCTX programs.
- Establish new clients in the EHR system, enter demographic data, scan client intake forms, upload, accept and post payment in EHR system.
- Complete all necessary documentation to ensure compliance with funding requirements, licensing requirements and agency quality assurance standards.
- Confirm third party benefits eligibility, obtain required pre-authorizations, monitor continued eligibility.
- Maintain accurate record and submit medical billing.
- Review client financial documents to determine fee scale for self-pay clients.
- Set-up, test, and schedule Virtual therapy appointments.
- Participate as an active team member of Catholic Charities.
- Maintain a work schedule that maximizes availability to staff and customers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Skill in cultural sensitivity and awareness.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Ability to work independently and with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations, including low-income persons and other disadvantaged persons.
- Ability to conformably work in a faith-based environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to operate various word processing software, spreadsheets, and database programs.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and utilize effective time management techniques to meet deadlines.
- Ability to follow instructions furnished in verbal or written format.
- Ability to create and foster an environment consistent with agency culture, mission, vision, and values.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with all segments of the community (parishes, priests, religious, laity, Catholic ministries, civic leaders and community agencies.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers and work effectively with others.
- Ability to proficiently communicate in English and Spanish (conversing).
- Ability to travel throughout a 25 county service region as necessary.
Education and Trainings:
- High School Diploma or GED acceptable to Texas Education Agency.
- Two (2) years of full time wage earning experience in administrative support.
- Bilingual English-Spanish (proficient in conversing).
- Valid Texas driver's license.
- Must maintain compliance with the Diocese of Austin Ethics and Integrity in Ministry (EIM) policies throughout the employment period.