Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Customer Service Representative
at Carpenter Co.
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a Customer Service Representative at our Temple, TX manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for maintaining all customer information and performing customer order processing and shipment coordination.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to interact professionally and punctually with internal and external customers to ensure all orders are processed accurately and without delay.
Additional responsibilities of the Customer Service Representative will include:
- Receives telephone orders from customers for products—new order, revision, or cancellation; handles telephone calls, faxes, or emails from customers.
- Prepares orders and enters into the SAP order entry system; verifies missing prices or other information regarding the order; scans orders and enters them into the SAP system for archiving.
- Coordinates shipping date requirements with the customer. Advises customers in advance when abnormally long lead times may be necessary for ordered product.
- Performs function of liaison between the customer and the shipping departments to advise the customer of the arrival times of their shipment; communicates any customer requests and the details to the appropriate member of management; monitors customer sales and notifies customer, sales team, and management of irregularities; handles the entry of customer complaints in the system.
- Coordinates changes and additions to customers’ needs with the production department management.
- Follows-up on all customer orders to ensure that orders scheduled to ship have been assigned space.
- Maintains files on all customers. Maintains customer complaint file in SAP; updates all customer files with price increases/decreases.
- Mails all customer billings, any price increase letters, and other appropriate communication as required; assists with bulk mailings of price increases and announcements.
- Assist in the processing of employee sales as required.
- Completes ENPR for product being return into SAP.
Skill / Requirements
- High School diploma
- Prior customer service and/or office experience
- Intermediate Microsoft Office and computer skills
- Excellent communication and organization skills