Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Cape Fox
Cape Fox Shared Service and Concentric Methods is seeking Board Certified Neurologist to work full time providing care to our deserving Army and their families at the Carl R. Darnall Army Medical Center, Ft. Hood, TX.
The Neurologist will perform the same clinical duties as those required of any military or government civil service physicians of similar experience assigned to the same unit at the HRP. The quality of service shall meet or exceed reasonable standards of professional practice as determined by the same authority that governs physician services in the same discipline. Neurology Physicians shall perform within the scope of clinical privileges granted by the HRP and the overall demand for Neurology services. Productivity is expected to be comparable to that of other providers with the same scope of practice. Workload will be scheduled by the treatment facility. Caseload includes scheduled and unscheduled requirements for care. Any cancellation of patient schedules requires approval of Chief, Department of Medicine.
Neurology Physicians shall have sufficient training/experience to be able to adequately diagnose, treat diseases and injuries, and perform (to include, but not limited to) the following:
- The contract Neurologist shall perform essentially the same duties as those required of any Medical Corps Officer or government Civil Service physician of similar experience and in similar duty assignments.
- Facilitates patient access to medical care by recommending appropriate referrals to other health care providers in accordance with HRP policies and regulations.
- Prepare all records and reports as may be required in support of services rendered and as required by the HRP.
- Take part in clinic Quality Assurance Program as required to meet the standards of the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations.
- Become familiar with the facility formulary. Contract physicians authorized to prescribe pharmaceuticals shall do so according to the availability of drugs listed therein.
- Follow the procedures of the facility when prescribing drugs.
- Prepare records and reports as required in support of services rendered in accordance with established procedures.
- Attend and participate in patient care reports, patient care conferences, team conferences, professional staff conferences and other appropriate professional activities only to the extent that such attendance and participation is relative to his/her assigned cases and/or performance of contract services as determined by the COR or Department Chief.
- Facilitate patient access to medical care by recommending appropriate referrals to other health care providers in accordance with facility policies and regulations.
- Be a Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) or Osteopathy (D.O.) who has completed an internship and residency in an accredited Neurology Training Program. Must meet all licensing/certification requirements to perform as a Neurology Physician.
- Must have and maintain a valid, unrestricted license in one of the 50 states in the U.S., the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- The Neurologist shall have a minimum of two years recent experience having been continuously employed in the practice of Neurology or in training in the United States for the two years prior to commencement of services under this contract.
- Have sufficient experience to be able to adequately diagnose and treat diseases and injuries to include, but not limited to the following: Migraine, Epilepsy, Radiculopathy, Peripheral Neuropathy, Vertigo, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s Disease, Electroencephalograms (EEGs) and Evoked Potentials.
- Unrestricted license
- Must be board certified or board eligible in Neurology.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- BLS certification
- Must be a U.S. Citizen Ensuring adherence to all company safety rules and SOPs in area of responsibility
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Sit or Stand throughout a regular work day.
- Rectifying unsafe actions and/or conditions immediately
- Participates in maintaining safe work environment by sharing and participating in all safety related meetings, training, etc.
Cape Fox Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates provide equal employment opportunities to all persons and prohibit employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, or sexual orientation. Cape Fox Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates offer preference to Cape Fox Corporation shareholders, descendants and other Native Americans pursuant to Public Law 100-241.