Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Nutrition Services Director, CDM Required
The overall purpose of the Nutrition Services Director position is to plan, develop, direct and control the activities of the Dining Services department. This position is responsible for food service standards, policy and procedure, dining staff, equipment, systems and work areas, while providing the highest quality of food service for patients in a cost-effective manner.
“Surround Yourself with Family”
Cantex Continuing Care Network represents a unified, seamless pathway of compassionate care and medical excellence, aimed at complete recovery beginning the moment a patient is released from the hospital. From Nursing Services, Rehabilitative Services to Ancillary Services, we’re looking for a dynamic and experienced talent committed to providing outstanding healthcare services.
Our Mission is to provide excellent outcomes and value across the full spectrum of continuing care services. All centered on the patient, our integrated network of healthcare services includes transitional care, rehabilitation, chronic care, home health services, hospice and pharmacy. Located in the Greater Dallas Community, Houston and throughout the state of Texas, we have nearly 30 locations to date.
We couldn’t achieve our Mission without the dedication and compassion of our staff. In order to attract and retain outstanding talent, we provide competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
If you thrive on medical excellence and quality care, join Centex’s’ Talent Network to learn about our current opportunities across Eastern Texas.
What is a Talent Network?
Talent Networks enhance your job search and application process. Whether you choose to apply or just leave your information, we look forward to staying connected with you.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Food Service Management and Safety OR Certified Food Service Manager
- Minimum of one year’s experience in a long-term care or healthcare setting is preferred.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English language and with a knowledge of arithmetic and units of measurement used in food preparation.
- Ability to cook/prepare food preferred.
- Establishes and maintains standards for purchasing, storing and preparation of food.
- Establishes and maintains procedures to meet safety and sanitation standards in order to assure compliance with government regulations.
- Plans and administers departmental budget including staffing levels.
- Plans and directs regular schedule of work activities and assignments to ensure effective food service.
- With Registered Dietitian, monitors nutritional status of patients using regular assessments, progress notes and care planning.
- Represents Nutrition Services Department at staff meetings and communicates pertinent administrative information to staff.
- Adapts master menu cycle to individual and facility preferences with the Regional Dietitian.
- Purchase or requisitions food supplies in appropriate quantities based upon the menu and established budgetary parameters
- Supervises receiving and storing of food.
- Monitors and logs food temperatures.
- Maintains and issues a file of standardized recipes adjusted to the proper yield.
- Completes initial nutrition screen.
- Maintains diet roster.
- Maintains nourishment list.
- Prepares, updates and audits tray cards as needed.
- In-services Nutrition Services staff on regular basis.
If this is something that interests you, you can apply directly to our sister facility, Bel Air at Teravista in Round Rock, TX or submit your resume for consideration.
We are an Equal opportunity employer; We offer an excellent benefit plan to include 401K with match, CEU reimbursement, vacation, sick, holidays, medical, dental, and supplemental insurance Plans as well as a Highly competitive compensation package.