By Light Professional IT Services, Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Tier 1 Customer Support
at By Light Professional IT Services, Inc
- # of Openings
- Information Technology
- Tier 4 - High
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and will require minimal management guidance. Primary job duties will be to provide support to the FSC FTS and its current and future Divisions and Branches that fall beneath it, which are currently Operations and Maintenance (OMD), High Performance Operations (HPO), Program Management Office (PMO), and Financial Management Business Transformation (FMBT).
A Customer Service Technician will respond to end user request for assistance using existing manuals and scripted responses. Must be able to effectively interact with customers and be able to refer ongoing issues to the appropriate engineering support team. Troubleshoot and configure network settings for wired and/or wireless connectivity. Install routine software and client applications via SCCM. Perform operating system installs using MS Deployment Toolkit. Participate in weekly status meetings. Prepare and present reports. Represent the organization in interactions with other organizations. Assist in ensuring security vulnerabilities are identified and remediated. Installing all required apps for use with wireless network, tracking, and VA email system. Answer customer requests in a timely manner per Standard Operating Procedures
- Bachelors Degree required (8 years of experience accepted in lieu of degree)
- Answer customer requests in a timely manner per Standard Operating Procedures
- Provide phone and email support to customers in a timely manner
- Provide software troubleshooting support to customers
- Able to identify and organize tickets according to priority
- Ability to handle other tasks as assigned
- Provide advice and guidance on a wide range and variety of complex information technology issues
- Interpret information technology policies, standards and guidelines;
- Test the functionality of systems and networks previously used CA SDM
- Install, configure, troubleshoot, maintain, repair and upgrade all Dell and HP desktop, laptop, and VDI systems and their components
- Provide support for issues relating to Active Directory, such as creating, moving, and standardizing objects within OUs, and changing permissions, Site Administrator for installing, configuring, troubleshooting, maintaining, repairing and upgrading all PIV computers and associated peripherals;
Special Requirements/Security Clearance
- Knowledge of help desk tools such as CA Service Desk Manager (SDM)
- Knowledge of escalation (Tier II, Tier III etc.)
- Prior experience providing Application support highly desired.
- Prior experience at Department of Veteran Affairs highly desired.
- Current VA clearance highly desired. High BI
- 1 year of experience in an Application Help Desk environment
- Log and complete work orders within the web-based call tracking database Service Now (SNow)