Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Burnett Specialists
Job Reference # : 110216
Position Summary for Data Scientist
We are working with a healthcare technology comapny that is expanding rapidly and looking to hire a Data Scientist who is motivated to deliver the latest data science and big data technologies and practices to drive the company's unique medical monitoring solution. You will design, build and maintain scalable and robust solutions that analyze and leverage data from multiple sources and demonstrate expertise in data modeling, large scale linear and integer programming, meta-heuristic solution design, and developing efficient optimized algorithms. In addition, you will apply machine learning techniques and methods to drive predictive outcomes.
Responsibilities for Data Scientist
• Apply data mining and statistical analysis techniques like hypothesis testing, segmentation and modelling to analyze large amounts of data
• Develop data-driven decision and predictive models by working with structured and unstructured data sets
• Build and apply data analysis algorithms (data mining, statistics, machine learning, natural language processing, sentiment analysis, text mining, etc.) as appropriate
• Design, architect and develop solutions leveraging big data technology (Open Source, Google, AWS or Microsoft) to ingest, process and analyze large, disparate data sets
• Design and build in-house data platforms and recommend leveraging new, potentially 3rd-party, data platforms/solutions as required
• Research and learn about emerging methodologies and technologies, and seek opportunities to improve methods and outcomes
Qualifications for Data Scientist
• A Bachelor’s degree
• 3-5 years hands-on experience with data science, big data, machine learning, and data engineering
• Experience connecting to various data sources and structures: APIs, NoSQL, RDBMS, Hadoop, S3, Blob Storage, etc.
• Deep understanding of statistical modeling as well as ETL, data ingestion/cleansing and engineering skills
• Hands-on experience with various machine learning frameworks/tools/libraries (TensorFlow, PyTorch, MSFT Cognitive Toolkit, Pandas, AWS DL-AMI, Keras) and using k-NN, naive bayes, decision trees, SVM experience
Compensation & Benefits for Data Scientist
•Benefits : Full time, permanent employees are eligible for:
oPaid holidays, vacation, and personal time off
oMedical, dental, and vision insurance
oShort and Long Term Disability
o401(k) retirement plans
Position Type for Data Scientist
If you have questions concerning this position, please contact Maggie Dunn.
Thank you for choosing Burnett Specialists. Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
As the largest employee-owned staffing and placement firm in Texas, Burnett Specialists / Choice Specialists is your top resource for your employment needs. Placing top talent with best-in-class employers all across Texas for more than three decades, Burnett Specialists / Choice Specialists continues to help Texas careers and companies grow. We are always on the lookout for motivated, energetic individuals to add to our growing team as our organization continues to expand.
Named as an Award of Excellence Winner for nine straight years by the Better Business Bureau, Burnett Specialists / Choice Specialists is consistently recognized for our organizational achievements and for our commitment to the communities we serve.
A regional industry leader for staffing and employment resources since 1974, Burnett Specialists / Choice Specialists ranks in the Top 12 Temporary Staffing and/or Placement Firms in the metropolitan areas of Houston, Dallas, Austin, and San Antonio. We are also the 6th largest woman-owned business in Texas.
If you are searching for your next career move, come see what Burnett Specialists / Choice Specialists is all about. We offer a wide variety of specializations and employer connections that showcase your skills and put you in the driver’s seat for your career success: