Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Media
at Bulldog Solutions
Who We Are
Howdy, we’re Bulldog.
Think of us as a different kind of marketing agency. We’re wildly creative and totally geek, which is our way of saying we approach complex B2B campaigns for enterprise businesses with an inventive and tech-savvy imagination. Collaborating with leaders in the tech, retail and manufacturing industry, our award-winning work has pushed clients to think beyond traditional marketing techniques and try something new and innovative. Our success has helped us grow, rapidly, and to meet those needs we’re looking for a few more dogs to join the pack.
Who You Are
Responsible for developing the complete media strategy in support of client marketing programs.? While this may include many types of media, there is a high emphasis on digital media (Search, Online and Social). Develop, implement, track and optimize digital marketing programs across multiple channels designed to drive customer success. Expected to collaborate with the client teams to drive overall satisfaction and ensure the work is on-strategy, on-time, within budget and delivering measurable results.? A high-energy, innovative leader with a demonstrated track record of success with large B2B brands.?
What You’ll Do
- Develop and approve media strategies for all brand marketing initiatives
- Set high quality standards for all media strategy, placement, reporting, and analytics
- Work with internal and 3rd party partners to develop comprehensive plans for how to measure the effectiveness of advertising placements across all marketing channels
- Hire and develop a high performing B2B media team by attracting talent and challenging them to develop new ideas and growth in their respective channels
- Keeps abreast of current trends and the latest technological advances in digital media targeting and reporting
- Aggressively pursue new ways to contribute to overall agency and client profitability
- Creates visibility for the agency through conferences and presentations, and representation on professional associations and board
- Maintain relationships with the client stakeholders to ensure satisfaction and management of expectations while making sure that the work is on strategy, on time, and on budget
- Participates in new business development pitches
- Review and approve all project work
- Develop and negotiate staffing plans based on scope of work
- Host weekly departmental staff meetings
- Attend interdepartmental briefings
What You Bring to the Doghouse
- Industry leader with 10+ years media experience, with a focus on digital media
- Extensive knowledge of B2B marketing, media targeting, planning, buying and analysis
Experience in implementing and using programmatic marketing systems (DSP, DMP, ad serving, etc.) to deliver successful ROI-driven campaigns
- Strong technical and analytical mind and background.? Able to delve into technical conversations with ad technology, data science and engineering teams
- Ability to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it. Exhibits a probing mind and achieves penetrating insights
- Hands-on leader that can dive into performance measurements with agency and client teams to optimize and find key insights into performance
- Strong interpersonal skills to foster optimal relationships with clients and within the agency
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Team builder
- Strong problem-solving skills and detail oriented
- Technical knowledge of all aspects of the direct marketing industry
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, MBA or equivalent business experience preferred
- Uses personal computer approximately 7-8 hours per day.
- Uses phone and email to communicate with customers/clients, direct reports, management, etc. approximately 6-8 hours per day.
- Sits approximately 6-8 hours per day.
- Approximately 20% travel.
Working Conditions (Physical requirements and office environment):
Physical Demands – The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Hearing: within normal limits with or without use of corrective hearing devices. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Vision: close visual acuity to perform extensive reading, analyze data, and to view computer terminal with or without corrective lenses.
- Manual dexterity of hands/fingers for writing, computer input.
Work Environment: works indoors protected from weather conditions; temperature-controlled environment
What We Offer You
- A comprehensive benefits package, including Health/Dental/401k plans.
- Community service opportunities.
- Unlimited, guilt-free time off.
- Work from home policy.
- Free monthly massages.
- Pet-friendly office.
- Free on-site Gym.
- Parental Leave.
- Snacks and on-site food trucks.
The purpose of this position description is to serve as a general summary and overview of the major duties and responsibilities of the job. It is not intended to represent the entirety of the job nor is it intended to be all-inclusive. Therefore, the position may be required or requested to perform for Bulldog Solutions, & related subsidiaries other work duties not specifically listed herein. Management reserves the right to modify, defer or rescind this position description at any time, with or without prior notice.
We offer a competitive salary based on experience; health care plans including medical, dental, and vision – full-time employees enjoy these benefits from day one of employment; a performance bonus plan; educational reimbursement; as well as various other employee benefits in an energetic and cutting-edge work environment.
This is a regular full-time position in our offices in Austin, Texas. As this is an immediate need, local candidates will be given more serious consideration. We are not offering relocation packages. Out of town candidates -please provide information on relocation plans.
No sponsorships available for this position. Candidates must be able to provide valid work authorization for any employer in the US.