Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Ruby on Rails Engineer - Services
at Blackbaud, inc.
Leading uniquely at the intersection point of technology and social good, Blackbaud provides software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empowers and connects people to advance the social good movement. We serve the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, foundation, corporations, education institutions, and the individual change agents who support them. We work with over 40,000 organizations, helping them realize their goals, fund their missions, manage their operations, and develop long-lasting supporter relationships. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we’re inspired by the opportunity to help them.
Over 500 colleges, universities, and foundations use our scholarship management system to help their students find and receive scholarship awards to pursue their educational dreams. We're a product-focused SaaS team within Blackbaud helping schools and students manage the scholarship process. We have helped hundreds of thousands of students find the aid they need while helping schools expand their reach to find the best and brightest applicants.
About the role:
The Service Engineer will assist in administrating and building an enterprise Ruby on Rails application that runs on cloud infrastructure. The Service Engineer will help support the application , serving as a main point of contact between other teams and Engineering.
What you’ll be doing:
- You will be expected to become a product expert by reading the codebase and communicating with both our Product Management department and the rest of the Engineering team.
- As our Services department encounters new or unfamiliar uses cases, you will be asked questions on how the system functions or why something occurred in the system.
- You will be expected to verify production bugs, document repeatable steps for demonstrating the bug, and work with Software Engineering to triage it.
- Design and develop software features, project prototypes, proofs of concept and defect resolution
- You will need to be capable of assembling ad-hoc reports for our clients and for internal use.
- Make mass updates to client data with 100% accuracy.
- Build tools to automate your workflow and develop new features for the Client Services team.
- Work with clients to integrate their authentication service with AcademicWorks, overseeing integration of their authentication from initial kickoff through to completed implementation.
What we’ll want you to have:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- 1-2+ years of development using Ruby on Rails
- Ability to read and comprehend Ruby code in a Rails codebase
- Experience using the Ruby on Rails’ ORM, ActiveRecord
- Interest in programmatically dissecting audit logs.
- Proven experience in past roles to effectively manage time, prioritize work, multi-task across many assignments, and creates deliverables with little direction
- Experience working with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality of such data and information
- Strong verbal and analytical skills
- A positive attitude and a willingness to reinforce (our minimal) policies is a must
Why you’ll want to come work here:
- Competitive salary (commission/bonus based on type of role), 4 weeks paid time off, great benefits (medical, dental, vision, FSA), 401K match
- Gift matching, volunteer for vacation program, and endless community involvement opportunities
- Named to Forbes’ Fast Tech 25 and Fortune’s Change the World List; we are growing and offer incredible opportunity for advancement
- Tremendous company culture and office perks like onsite gym, free snacks, café, and cutting-edge new headquarters to be completed in 2018
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Blackbaud, we believe the world would be a better place if good took over. If everyone on a mission to do good had the power to do even more. That’s why we come to work every day—to equip and connect the world’s philanthropic community so that good can take over.
We do that by building the most innovative software and services to help our customers raise more money, spend less, and do more good. And while we each have different roles to play in helping customers succeed, we all have at least one thing in common: We care about cause as much as we care about code. Won’t you join us?