Big Nerd Ranch
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Technical Account Manager
at Big Nerd Ranch
Established in 2001, Big Nerd Ranch specializes in digital product development and expert instruction in mobile technologies from the brightest developers and designers in the industry. When you need an iOS, Android or desktop app to solve a problem, grow your business or engage your employees, partnering with us is a no-brainer. We provide end-to-end mobile solutions for a range of app development projects, including iOS, Android, full-stack web and design.
Our mission is to empower individuals and organizations to dream big and achieve more through innovative digital product development and training. We do all this while being, Brilliant, Curious, Kind, Hardworking, Authentic, Accountable.
We are looking for an Account Manager to create long-term, trusting relationships with our clients. As an Account Manager, your role is to oversee one of our largest accounts and develop new business from existing clients. This person will sit remotely in Austin, Texas.
- Retain and profitably grow BNRs sales and profitability through proactive management of assigned large-customer relationships
- Penetrate assigned accounts by:
- Selling new or additional services to current buyers; and/or
- Finding additional buyers within the existing customer location; and/or
- Selling additional customer locations
- Develop customer account plans for all assigned customers by leading a joint company/customer planning process that identify relevant customer needs, prioritize
- Lead all aspects of the sales process both internally and externally working closely with stakeholders across BNR’s delivery organization to assist in solution development and proposal delivery.
- Work strategically with sales and marketing to foster existing relationships.
- Collaborate with Engineering team to identify the best sales opportunities
- Proactively manage customer satisfaction and service delivery by anticipating potential service problems, and monitoring satisfaction
- Travel regularly to client sites
You’ll be Successful if You Have:
- 6+ years of proven experience in a key account management role
- Must have experience selling IT Professional Services to Enterprise Accounts
- Sales experience in a business-to-business, large/strategic customer segment is a plus
- Experience managing complex buyer teams at large companies through long sales cycles
- A dynamic personality with the ability to to effectively engage and influence audiences at all levels within a corporate environment
- Experience in professional services or software sales is a plus
- Sound business insight and sales instincts
- Business acumen, sound decision making, analytical and organizational skills in a fast paced environment
- You must be skilled at maintaining relationships, setting clear expectations and effectively completing planned deliverables
- Strong negotiation and leadership skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- SalesForce experience is mandatory
- Familiarity with mobile and web technology is a plus
- BA/BS Degree in Business Administration or equivalent work experience
Benefits We Offer:
- Health, dental, vision, life insurance; 401k matching, short- and long-term disability
- Competitive salary plus uncapped commission
- Retina MacBook Pro and Geek Desk for when you’re at the office
- A flexible, remote-friendly and learning based environment where creative ideas are explored and the desire to learn new technologies is encouraged and valued.
- Education is hugely important to us. We want to send you to one conference a year, and if you want to learn about something entirely different, we’ll train you at one of our bootcamps.
- The fridge is loaded and the kitchen is stocked. Craft caffeine? Check.
- On-site Gym with personal trainer
- At Big Nerd Ranch you'll be working with the most brilliant, most kind, and hardest working nerds in the solar system. You’ll help companies build and launch useful products and share what you’ve learned with the world.
Are you up to the challenge?
Big Nerd Ranch is an Equal Opportunity Employer