Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Project Manager - Renewable Energy
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 56f2f332-433a-4586-8f8f-743248d9e110
Categories: IT - Computer Services & Support, Management - Mid-Level (Manager, Director), Management - Project / Program
- Leads multiple project teams across simultaneous assignments
- Manages the quality, timeliness and financial aspects of projects
- Supervises and mentors scientists, planners, engineers, designers and technicians
- Partners with senior staff in maintaining and developing client relationships
- Leads, manages and conducts studies and investigations for the purpose of preparing reports and applications for environmental permits, in support of construction projects for various industries and markets
- Develops protocols and processes for leading a team to collect, analyze, manage, and report resource level data for technical reports and permit applications
- Communicates scientific and technical information to the project team, client organizations and resource agencies through written reports and/or presentations using a careful blend of business and technical writing
- Provides technical and regulatory guidance to the project team, client organizations and agencies in support of permit applications, compensatory mitigation, and environmental programs
- Reviews environmental reports, permits, and related materials for compliance with federal and state requirements
- Assists public and private clients with permit coordination, acquisition and compliance
- Collects project related data, which may include research, conducting surveys for listed species, interviews with government agencies, landowners and clients, resource map reviews, field investigations for aquatic resources, cultural resources, land use, and other related disciplines
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, ecology, rangeland sciences, wildlife management or related field
- 5 years project management experience
- 7-15 years field ecology experience with focus on 404 permitting, protected species, habitats and similar endeavors
- Working knowledge of the National Environmental Policy Act as it relates to project development and federal involvement, and experience with Clean Water Act Regulatory Program, Endangered Species Act and National Historic Preservation Act as related to environmental permitting requirements.
- Experience with client relationship building and articulating regulatory and market needs
- Advanced organizational and business-technical writing skills
- Effective time-management, written communication, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Articulate, with professional presence and solid decision making skills
- Ability to work effectively in team situations, and establish strong relationships with other teams where overlap of client project work exists
- Proficient with MS Office (e.g., Word, Excel)
- Must be able to conduct fieldwork for long hours, in sometimes inclement weather conditions.