Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Project Engineer - Transportation Systems
BGE, Inc. is a nationwide engineering consulting firm that provides services in civil engineering, planning, construction phase administration, and environmental services for public and private clients. Our Frisco, TX office will hire a Project Engineer in our Transportation Systems Department to join our team. Our employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package to include outstanding health care, generous 401K match, career mapping and highly competitive time away from work programs to include dependent care and flexible Fridays.
- Performs engineering associated with highway planning and design including- horizontal and vertical geometry, OpenRoads 3D modeling, culvert and drainage system layouts, retaining wall layouts, quantity calculations, miscellaneous details, and deliverable development.
- Interprets and applies applicable codes and exercises judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Supervises engineering interns, EITs, designers, technicians and engineers.
- Conceptualizes the initial design approach for a major phase of a large project or have overall responsibility for the engineering work on a project of limited scope.
- Coordinates with project managers for infrastructure projects to define scopes of services, schedules, deliverables, standards, etc.
- Plans, schedules, conducts or coordinates engineering work involving conventional practices but may include a variety of complex features such as conflicting design requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering or related field.
- Registered PE in Texas.
- 4 years in roadway planning and PS&E
- Demonstrated ability to supervise subordinates performing engineering analysis, design and contract document preparation.
- Strong computer skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with MicroStation, Geopak, OpenRoads.