BaylorScott & White Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Occupational Therapist I PART TIME WEEKENDS
at BaylorScott & White Health
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 18020107
Categories: Healthcare - Therapy/Rehab Services
The Occupational Therapist I plans, organizes, and provides professional services in restorative, functional and preventative therapeutic programs to patients, including all primary evaluation and formalization of an occupational therapy plan to facilitate rehabilitation of the mentally, physically or emotionally handicapped. Works closely with patients and family to establish and meet treatment goals. The essential functions of the Occupational Therapist I include the following:
- Selects and accurately performs appropriate tests and measurements after reviewing and evaluating the physician's orders and patient's medical records.
- Creates meaningful and effective programs that are consistent with the physician's prescriptions, direction, and goals.
- Recommends proper and appropriate medical equipment, orthoses, or accessories and supplies pertinent to best medical management of patient's disabilities, disease, or wound.
- Administers manual therapeutic exercises to improve or maintain muscle function.
- Supervises and instructs patients in the areas of physical functions, prosthetic/orthotic use, functional mobility, ADL, perceptual-motor, sensory integration and community reintegration in a safe, considerate and professional manner consistent with the physician's prescriptions, directions, and goals established for the patient's benefit.
- Evaluates treatment efficacy and patient progress to aid in ascertaining program effectiveness and revising specifics of treatment programs.
- Establishes programs that are consistent with occupational therapy tools and will benefit the patients' well-being.
- Accurately evaluates fits and adjusts prosthetic and orthotic devices and recommends modifications to orthoptist.
- Maintains accurate records and prepares timely reports in accordance with department, Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) and regulatory policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Maintains effective communication with supervisors and other patient care givers regarding patient care decisions and consults with other members of rehabilitation team to coordinate occupational therapy with other therapeutic activities.
The ideal Occupational Therapist I candidate will have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Location/Facility – Temple, TX - Memorial HospitalFor more information on the facility, please click our Locations link.
- Specialty/Department/Practice – Rehab - Acute setting
- Shift/Schedule – Part Time - weekends
- Benefits – Our competitive benefits package includes*:
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation's exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it's accepting a calling!
- Bachelor's degree required
- Basic Life Support certification required
- Occupational Therapist license required