BaylorScott & White Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Nursing Professional Development Specialist - Buda Medical Center
at BaylorScott & White Health
TheBSW Buda Medical Center is a new Baylor Scott and White Healthcare facilitycurrently in the stage of being built. At this time, we are anticipatingan opening date of September 2019.
Weare currently identifying qualified nursing candidates to join our team and ourleaders will begin conducting interviews May - June 2019.
Employmentoffers will be extended in June 2019, with a projected hiredate/orientation date in July 2019.
If the idea of starting ground floor in anew BSW facility and the above timeline sound good to you... please applyTODAY!
- Uses a systematic approach, analyzes issues, forecast trends and supporting data to determine the learning needs of individuals, service lines, and organizations. Using data gathered; validates, prioritizes and documents evidence of professional practice gaps and outcomes in a manner that facilitates the educational planning process.
- Uses relevant evidence, theory, research, innovative processes and practical experience to design, implement and evaluate high quality, culturally sensitive, and frequently complex educational activities, programs, or projects for staff at all stages of their career development based on identified knowledge and practice gaps. Analyzes cost and anticipated return on investment for learning activities, programs or projects.
- Engages stakeholders and resources in the planning and implementation of lifelong learning activities for individuals and/or groups of learners. Measures program outcomes in terms of learning change, impact and professional role competency and revises future outcomes based on trends, evidence, and changes in stakeholder expectations.
- Evaluates the quality and effectiveness of nursing practices in collaboration with others to ensure that nursing and the organization's goals and mission are in alignment. Develops and applies appropriate measurement tools in quality improvement activities.
- Participates in and assists others in professional role development, practice role transitions, and succession planning. Collaborates with Community Education programs to facilitate, coordinate and maintain effective allied health and nursing education programs. Systematically enhances the quality and effectiveness of professional development practice and role transitions. Applies the educational process by selecting education content, materials, and techniques that can appeal to a diverse target audience in a positive learning environment.
- Serves as an influential leader in inter-professional learning, professional growth, and practice change throughout the organization.
- Acts as a champion of scientific inquiry, generating new knowledge and integrating best available evidence into practice. Conducts, encourages, facilitates and/or participates in research, EBP, and QI, including dissemination of findings locally and nationally.
- Integrates ethics by analyzing factors related to privacy, security, and confidentiality in the use and handling of records related to educational programs. Develops processes for monitoring the integrity of educational activities including screening for potential and unethical behavior, commercial bias, conflict of interest. Identifies and addresses ethical issues within the learning environment.
- Location/Facility – [Enter Facility Name] (i.e. Baylor Regional Medical Center at Plano)For more information on the facility, please click our Locations link.
- Specialty/Department/Practice – [Enter Spec/Dept/Prac] (i.e. Critical Care, Radiology, Family Care)
- Shift/Schedule – [Enter Shift & Schedule] (i.e. Days, Nights, PRN or Weekends; 30 hours/week_full-time_part-time)
- Benefits – Our competitive benefits package includes*:
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
- Master's degree required
- 3 years of related work experience required
- Registered Nurse (RN) license in Texas required