BaylorScott & White Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lab Tech II/ Phlebotomist
at BaylorScott & White Health
Job Reference #: 19000509
The Lab Tech II for Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) receives and/or processes specimens, performs clerical checks and support functions. May perform phlebotomy. Responsibilities of the Lab Tech II include, is not limited to the following:
- Processing of specimens
- Clerical duties
- Support function
- Maintain appropriate inventory of supplies.
- Maintain effective communication and working relationships with all laboratory personnel, other disciplines, and external customers.
- Participate in laboratory projects and educational activities.
The ideal Lab Tech II will have strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Location/Facility – Round Rock, TXFor more information on the facility, please click our Locations link.
- Specialty/Department/Practice – hospital laboratory
- Shift/Schedule – PRN
- Benefits – Our competitive benefits package includes*:
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation's exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it's accepting a calling!
- High School Diploma/Ged equivalent required
- Phlebotomy skills for all age groups.
- Skills in the use of computers and related software applications.
- Knowledge of safety and infection control standards
- Phlebotomy skills required