BaylorScott & White Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Nursing - Buda
at BaylorScott & White Health
The Director of Nursing is part of the CNO succession planning model methodology at BSW. This role will serve asthe on-site nursing leader for our newest Austin market acute care hospitalwhich opens in 2019. Located in the growing community of Buda, locatedjust south of Austin. This role oversees the operational, personnel andfiscal management of the hospital with an emphasis on high quality, costeffective patient care. The Director of Nursing is responsible foroverseeing the care provided by Registered Nurses in the hospital, managing thebudget and staffing, and ensuring that patients, nurses and hospitaladministrators are satisfied with the operation of the department.
Key Job Duties
- Oversee the operational, personnel and fiscal management of assignedareas of responsibility with an emphasis on high quality, cost effectivepatient care.
- Monitor dailyproductivity, addressing variance from established standards and adjuststaffing to maintain established productive standard.
- Establish annualunit-specific quality improvement goals, conduct monitoring, analysis, processchanges, reporting and re-evaluation of prepared goals to Nursing QualityCouncil and Clinic Quality Council.
- Investigate adverseevents, review data and findings, assessing for trends, acting on self-remediation needs and identify opportunities for development.
- Collaborate withnon-nursing departments to establish processes and address issues which enhancethe provision of patient care and satisfaction.
- Conduct andparticipate in daily rounds to identify immediate needs, monthly patient roomrounds, monthly Environment of Care Rounds, Tracers, and Patient Safety Rounds,and acts on findings in a timely manner.
- Establishopportunities to acquire input, to include unit monthly Action Unit Committees,input at staff meetings and other creative mechanisms.
- Comply with requirementsof regulatory, licensing, and accrediting agencies. Design measurements andtools to evaluate achievement and education strategies.
- Identify and clearlycommunicate communication gaps in staff knowledge and/or competency.
Desired Key Experiences andAttributes
- Experience at the director leveleffectively leading multiple nursing units and varied service lines
- Experienced leading in a magnet culture
- LEAN proficient
- Leadingprojects related to bedside patient care within a multidisciplinary teamapproach
§ Bachelor's Degree in nursing required
§ Master's Degree required
§ Registered Nurse (RN) license required
§ Minimum of 3 years of experience required