BaylorScott & White Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Clinic RN Infusion Chemo PRN
at BaylorScott & White Health
The Clinic RN PRN for Baylor Scott and White Health (BSWH) coordinates and provides nursing care including the assessment, education and treatment of patients. He / She provides leadership for ancillary staff performing Physician
delegated medical tasks.
In addition, the Clinic RN PRN for BSWH has the following responsibilities:
Utilizes the nursing process as the basis for patient care practice.
· Accurately performs and documents assessments of patients as indicated and
within established procedures.
· Implements age appropriate care based on nursing assessment and medical plan of
· Provides effective patient/family education based on individualized learning needs to
include discharge instructions.
· Provides accurate evaluation of patient response to plan of care as appropriate.
Manages/coordinates the activities required for delivery of quality patient care.
· Establishes priorities for patient care within established policies and procedures.
· Delegates nursing care in accordance to acuity of patient needs and personnel's
· Facilitates communication and coordination of interdisciplinary activities and makes
· Functions as relief charge nurse as needed.
Participates in education, research and performance improvement activities.
· Serves as preceptor/resource and provides effective in-service education as
· Participates in performance improvement activities.
· Attains required CE for licensure in a timely manner.
· Responsible for staff meeting content as appropriate.
Department specific accountabilities
· Maintains CPR Certification
· Assess bleeding and clotting risks accurately and appropriately
· Document patient interactions appropriately in chart
· Perform I-Stat finger-sticks accurately and maintain certification
· Assess the effect of dietary changes on warfarin dosing
· Assess the effect of medication changes on warfarin dosing
· Participate in teamwork functions at the end of the day
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of performing effectively in emergency and stressful situations.
§ Location/Facility – Baylor Scott & White Specialty Clinic Marble Falls
For more information on the facility, please click our Locations link.
§ Specialty/Department/Practice – Medical Infusion
§ Shift/Schedule – Days, PRN
§ Benefits – Our competitive benefits package includes*:
ü Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
ü 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
ü Tuition Reimbursement
ü PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation's exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it's accepting a calling!
Basic Life Support (BLS)
Advanced Certification per Unit Requirement