BaylorScott & White Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cath Lab EP Tech Day Job
at BaylorScott & White Health
Under general supervision of aRadiologist, the Interventional Radiology (IR) Technologist performs IRprocedures on ambulatory and hospital patients in a physician office, clinic,or hospital setting as requested by a physician or other licensed provider forthe diagnosis of disease and injury in accordance with established protocols.The IR Technologist maintains production and quality of imaging procedures byfollowing established standards and procedures.
The IR Technologist job dutiesinclude, but are not limited to:
- UtilizesAIDET when communicating with patients to: identify patient servicerequirements, ensure correct exam is performed on the correct patient, andestablish rapport with patients and others.
- Instructs/communicateswith patient and/or patient's family regarding the test to be performed andassesses patient's ability to tolerate exam.
- Preparespatient or area for IR procedure by positioning patient, adjustingimmobilization devices, moving equipment into specified position and adjustingequipment controls to set exposure factors.
- Protectspatients and employees by adhering to safety requirements, infection-control,drug and radiation policies, protocols and techniques.
- Workswith engineers and physicists to ensure optimal operational capabilities ofequipment.
- Maintainsmedical imaging records in appropriate system and according to departmentpolicies and standards for interpretation in a timely manner.
- Assistsleadership in maintaining all required policies, procedures, standards andrecords for applicable governmental, regulatory and accrediting organizationsby complying with procedures, rules, and regulations of the OSHA, TJC, TDH andACR.
The ideal candidate for the IRTechnologist role will be able to provide services in a timely, accurate, andcost-efficient manner in compliance with established System and regulatorystandards, policies and procedures.
- Location/Facility – Round Rock Hospital
Formore information on the facility, please click our Locationslink.
- Specialty/Department/Practice – Cath Lab
- Shift/Schedule – Full-time, Day shift
- Benefits – Our competitive benefitspackage includes*:
- Immediate eligibility forhealth and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan withdollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/orlevel.
BaylorScott & White Health (BSWH) is the largestnot-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the UnitedStates. With a commitment to and a trackrecord of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient,BSWH stands to be one of the nation's exemplary health care organizations. Foundedas a Christian ministry of healing, the mission of Baylor Scott & White Health is to promote thewell-being of all individuals, families and communities. Joiningour team is not just accepting a job, it's accepting a calling!
- Graduateof an Accredited Program
- AmericanRegistry of Radiologic Technologist in Radiography (ARRT-R) Certification
- AmericanRegistry of Radiologic Technologists in Cardiac-Interventional (ARRT-CI) or InterventionalRadiography (ARRT-VI) Certification
- MedicalRadiologic Technologist (MRT) License
- BasicLife Support (BLS) Certification