BaylorScott & White Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Buda Laboratory Manager
at BaylorScott & White Health
Job Reference #: 19000384
Categories: Science/Biotech/Research, Healthcare - Lab/Hematology/Pathology, Management - Mid-Level (Manager, Director)
The Laboratory Manager supervises technical and support personnel while overseeing the daily the operations of the Laboratory. This includes ensuring that regulatory requirements are met, monitoring test systems to ensure they are in control, and supervising staff, including all activities relative to work assignments, hiring/termination, performance reviews, orientation, and professional development. The Laboratory Manager also assists with budgeting, plans long-term purchases or capital equipment, and ensures the review of all quality control, proficiency testing, instrument maintenance, and quality assurance records, and any associated corrective action. In addition, the Laboratory Manager establishes and implements quality assurance programs and maintains standards and records that document compliance with regulatory agencies.
The ideal candidate for the Laboratory Manager role will be well versed in safety and infection control standards and laboratory regulations, protocols and procedures. In addition, the ideal candidate will have excellent analytical and critical thinking skills, effective communication, leadership and interpersonal skills and be detail-oriented, organized and a team player.
- Location/Facility – Buda, TXFor more information on the facility, please click our Locations link.
- Specialty/Department/Practice – hospital laboratory
- Shift/Schedule – Full time
- Benefits – Our competitive benefits package includes*:
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation's exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it's accepting a calling!
- EDUCATION - Bachelor's Degree Required; preferably in Medical Technology/Sciences
- EXPERIENCE - 4 Years Required
- CERTIFICATION(S) Required
- ASCP (MT/CLS/MLS/CG/CT/DLM), or
- AMT (MT/CLS/MLS), or
- HEW (MT/CLS/MLS), or
- AAB (MT/CLS/MLS), or
- ABHI (CHT/CHS), or
- ASCP Scientist/Specialist (BB, C, H, M, MB, SBB, SC, SH, SM)