Bank of America Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Wealth Management Lending Officer - Austin, TX
at Bank of America Corporation
At Bank of America, we’re guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better by connecting clients and communities to the resources they need to be successful. Make a difference where it counts by joining our industry-leading Consumer Lending team at Bank of America and Merrill Lynch. We’re looking for people with focus and drive – people who take the time to get to know clients, engage with them to understand what’s important to them, and provide the lending solutions, service and expertise they need to achieve their financial goals
As part of the Bank of America team, wealth management lending officers (WMLOs) have access to industry-leading products and services, award winning platforms and a team of dedicated loan coordinators and underwriters – all designed to meet the unique life priorities of our clients. The WMLO is aligned to a group of Merrill Lynch financial advisors within a Merrill Lynch market. They partner closely with Merrill Lynch financial advisors as part of one team that delivers exceptional client care. The WMLO responds to client inquiries and referrals that are generated from both their own contacts and from their aligned Merrill Lynch financial advisors.
This position is subject to SAFE Act registration requirements. Pursuant to the SAFE Act requirements, all employees engaged in residential loan mortgage originations must register with the federal registry system and remain in good standing. Since your position requires SAFE Act registration, you will be required to register and to submit to the required SAFE Act background check and registration process. Failure to obtain and/or maintain SAFE Act registration may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.
We’ll help you
• Get training and one-on-one coaching from managers who are invested in your success. You’ll take part in additional training and development through our Academy to develop in your role.
• Grow your network to eventually grow your business. Leverage our relationships with one out of two U.S. households.
• Provide end-to-end comprehensive lending guidance and solutions to prospective borrowers by uncovering their life priorities, analyzing financial and credit data, and determining client financing objectives.
• Stay informed on changing market conditions, business trends and regulatory requirements by maintaining thorough knowledge of lending programs, policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
• Demonstrate a commitment to professional ethics, as well as conform to all federal and state compliance policies and adhering to Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA) requirements.
As a lending officer, you can look forward to
• Providing exceptional client care with industry-leading products, services, education and a dedicated team of loan coordinators and underwriters.
• Building a quality external network of business relationships that serves as a recurring source of referrals for new mortgage lending opportunities. Sources may consist of real estate professionals, builders, and professional and personal contacts.
• Expanding your reach further through participation in business-related development opportunities, community efforts to promote homeownership and professional organizations.
• Robust marketing strategies to reach wider audiences with greater appeal.
• Ongoing professional development to deepen your skills as the industry evolves and changes.
• A world-class suite of employee benefits.
You’re a person who (required skills)
• Has a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a loan origination role with significant experience working with ultra-high net worth and affluent client base.
• Has demonstrated success in prospecting, generating leads, closing business and consistently meeting/exceeding production goals.
• Has a strong background in the credit solutions, ranging from standard to custom mortgage products and other securities-based lending.
• Has significant experience building relationships with clients.
• Understands processing, underwriting and/or closing procedures.
• Has a working knowledge of federal regulations governing real estate lending.
• Is a strong communicator, both verbally and in writing.
• Is self-motivated and highly organized.
• Can prioritize multiple competing tasks.
• Can build and maintain solid referral base (that is, strong community involvement/ties, established relationship with assigned Merrill Lynch financial advisors).
• Uses appropriate interpersonal styles, communication methods and approaches to gain clients
• Understands the connection of the level of service provided being directly correlated to driving sales volume.
• Note: Series 7 and 63 licensing is not required but may be maintained permissively.
You’ll be better prepared if you have (desired skills)
• Familiarity with FHA and HUD guidelines.
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft applications and previous experience using laptop technology for communication purposes including accessing rate, credit and loan status information.
• Adaptability and can demonstrate flexibility.
• A positive attitude.
• Effective communication styles.
• An ability to take ownership, accountability and can demonstrate integrity.
• An ability to prioritize multiple competing tasks.
• A bachelor’s degree in business or related field experience.
We’re a culture that
• Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to build and advance their careers. Along with taking care of our clients, we want to be a great place for people to work, and we strive to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
• Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect to and meet the diverse needs of our clients around the world.
• Provides continuous training and developmental opportunities to help employees achieve their goals, whatever their background or experience.
• Is committed to advancing our tools, technology, and ways of working. We always put our clients first to meet their evolving needs.
• Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting communities around the world by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving they need to remain vibrant and vital.
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
At Bank of America, we’re creating real, meaningful relationships with individuals, businesses and communities to help them focus on what matters most. Every day, we connect with 57 million customers, using our skills and expertise to help make their lives better.
We are committed to attracting and retaining top talent around the world to ensure we continue to deliver together for our customers, clients and communities. Along with taking care of our customers, we want to be a great place for people to work, and we strive to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
Learn about some of the ways Bank of America is making a difference in the communities we serve.
Learn about the six areas that guide Bank of America’s efforts to help make financial lives better for customers, clients, communities and our teammates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Each employee brings unique skills, background and opinions. We see diversity and inclusion as our platform for innovation and a key component in our success.
Learn about our four values that represent what we believe.