Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Client Accounting Services Manager
at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP
- Job ID
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm whose specialized professionals guide clients through an ever-changing business world, helping them win now and anticipate tomorrow. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly, and its affiliated entities, have operations in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 145 territories, with 34,700 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.6 billion. Visit bakertilly.com or join the conversation on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with clients and consult with them regularly concerning financial statements, budgeting, forecasting, processes & procedures and other general business issues.
- Prepare and/or review financial statements for clients across multiple industry sectors
- Develop and streamline accounting and financial planning and analysis
- Provide suggestions and ideas for cost reduction and efficiency gains
- Maintain organized work papers and supporting documentation
- Affirm budgeted engagement hours and deadlines
- Schedule internal and external deadlines to meet client expectations for delivery
- Lead and supervise multiple client service teams on multiple engagements assuring timely billing, collections and support of operational processes
- Identify and communicate accounting matters to senior managers and partners
- Lead by example to positively impact employee morale
- Inspire, train and mentor junior staff members to enable them to reach their maximum potential and provide constructive feedback as necessary
- Regularly look for opportunities, recommendations, and additional firm services that could benefit client
- Represent the firm in community activities and professional associations
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without any future sponsorship
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or finance
- 5 years of relevant experience managing accounting and finance teams
- Performed general ledger account reconciliations on a regular basis
- Prepared cash basis and accrual basis financial statements
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Recent QuickBooks experience
- Must be very organized and highly capable of multitasking
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple client assignments
- Work within tight deadlines and take responsibility for getting the job done in a timely and cost effective manner
- Possess qualities of professional demeanor, positive attitude, self-initiative, decisiveness and high energy
- Ability to apply critical thinking and problem solving skills
Preferred Qualifications and Competencies
- Strong leadership, communication, project management, and team building skills
- Is focused on developing technical skills and is committed to continuous performance improvement
- Prior experience in public accounting
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.