Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Configuration Engineer
at Aviat Networks
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity working for a Global Technology Leader?
At Aviat Networks we take great pride in hiring a workforce that is committed to supporting and strengthening our values and attributes. If you’re results oriented, customer centric, and an innovative thinker who also takes pride in personal and professional integrity, Aviat Networks is the ideal next step in your career. We are looking for people who love to solve problems, enjoy change and know how to have fun! Come join us as we bring communications to the world.
We currently have an immediate need for a Senior Configuration Engineer.
The Configuration Engineer is responsible for technical equipment lists and documents necessary for manufacturing, systems integration, and field execution of new and modified network designs in compliance with customers’ requirements and company objectives and strategies. The Configuration Engineer works regularly and concurrently with sales, marketing, engineering, manufacturing, purchasing, assembly and quality personnel, as well as with similar individuals within our supplier and customer base. The position is responsible for final sales order design as documented in the official Equipment List and Sales Order Documentation package, which is derived from customer drawings and specifications generated by the network engineering team. Must be able to review and revise Sales Orders in conjunction with the Sales Engineer, Network Engineer, Project Engineer, and/or the Program Manager to ensure all relevant technical information is documented as required for the Microwave Radio Communications Network Engineering Design.
The Configuration Engineer (CE) will apply his microwave network and IP communications engineering experience to ensure complete detailed design requirements are defined and will utilize his experience to identify where specs may have been inadequately defined per application and seek resolution so that customer expectations are met. The CE will use his knowledge in the development of new OEM products, which are needed for standard applications, as well as identify and facilitate the creation of cables necessary for the interface/interconnection between Aviat Microwave Radio products and other communication equipment OEM. In addition, the CE will be called upon to develop innovative processes and tools necessary for configuration and/or drafting.
· Configuration / Technical Support to customers and inside/outside sales force
· Ability to understand and/or design communication systems using products from a variety of sources.
· Create block diagrams describing proposed system
· Create final form sales order documents according to quotations and proposal documents.
· Assist in the flow of standard OEM product design and/or Cables design from concept through to production qualification
· Provide technical feedback on Microwave and IP Communications Network design and product applications for same
· Generate and maintain standards and application guides for documenting Microwave and IP Communication Networks, and Microwave and IP Product Configurations.
· Work cooperatively with Field Service and In House Manufacturing functions for effective after-the-sale execution support
· Maintain System Configuration information in a Documentation database
· Provide technical recommendations and/or identify requirements exceptions for Microwave Products sales orders during the booking process
· BSEE with 5 years of experience or 3 years of experience with Masters or equivalent education and experience in electronic communications.
· Minimum of two years’ experience with IP networks is preferred. Knowledge of subnetting, routing protocols, VLAN configuration and QoS highly preferred. Cisco CCNA and higher certifications a big plus.
· Minimum of two years’ experience with Microwave Radio Networks is preferred
· Hands-on experience with Microwave products with an appreciation of microwave radio transmission engineering principles and applications.
· Hands-on experience with routers and switches.
· Knowledge or hands on experience with M13 Mux, DACS, Channel Banks, Jackfields.
· Good understanding of end to end process from design to manufacturing chain
· Good mathematical, analytical and problem-solving skills
· Experience with Microsoft Office applications e.g. Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook
· Experience with standard drawing applications, AutoCAD in particular
· Experience with product structure principles and configuration methodologies and tools
· Good customer/subcontractor and team liaison skills
· The ability to establish technical and personal credibility within technical peer groups
· Good interpersonal skills
· A team player
By submitting your application, you acknowledge that you have read and understood Aviat Networks Candidate Privacy Notice.
EOE/Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans
Aviat Networks offers a competitive benefits package. Apply NOW to learn more!