Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Parts Shipping and Receiving Associate
at AutoNation, inc.
- Requisition ID
- Job Location
- Automotive Parts Support
- Dealership / Location Name
- AutoNation Toyota South Austin
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
The Retail Parts Shipping and Receiving Associate verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment. Assures proper control of parts inventory and related administrative functions.
What are the day-to-day responsibilities?
- Count, weigh or measure items on incoming and outgoing shipments, verity information against invoices, orders and other records
- Determine method of shipment, utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates
- Keep all bins, aisles and storage areas clean and clearly labeled
- Maintain receiving and shipping records, delivery truck maintenance records and returned parts records
- Unpack and examine incoming shipments, reject damaged items, record shortages, and correspond with shipper to rectify damages and shortages
- Ensure that outgoing shipments meet specifications
- Maintain inventory of shipping materials and supplies
- Must be able to operate heavy machinery (i.e. forklift, pallet jack, etc.)
What are the requirements for this job?
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information
- One year of experience in a retail or wholesale parts department
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Ability to interpret vendor catalogs.
- Ability to use parts department computer system
- Good communication skills
- Ability to operate an automobile
AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.