Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at AutoNation, inc.
- Requisition ID
- Job Location
- Automotive Service Advisor
- Dealership / Location Name
- AutoNation Chevrolet West Austin
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
At AutoNation, doing what’s right by the customer comes standard at 300 locations coast to coast, so it’s no wonder we have served over 10 million happy customers. As a Service Advisor, you’ll be part of a nationwide team servicing 20,000 cars a day and building customer loyalty that spans generations. Along with your communication skills and automotive knowledge, you’ll utilize leading-edge technology to uncover selling opportunities that keep drivers safe in their vehicles. We represent 36 brands in 16 states, so there’s always opportunity to grow your career as a Service Advisor and beyond. Join AutoNation and accelerate as far and fast as your talent and our support can take you.
Working in our state of the art service departments, the Service Advisor acts as the go-between for Service Technicians and customers. In this position, you’ll be able to get out from behind the desk and play an active role in the service lane. AutoNation will look to you to explain the Service Technician’s recommendations to the customer in easy-to-understand language – and suggest up-sell opportunities to keep the customer’s vehicle safe.
What Will I Do Every Day?
- Set, confirm and prepare for appointments with customers so they can have a great service experience
- Meet or exceed targeted sales goals & the targeted customer satisfaction index
- Greet customers in a friendly manner when they arrive
- Determine vehicle needs based on customer information and a vehicle walk-around, inspections and test drives
- Use a consultative selling process to assist customers in planning for ongoing required maintenance of their vehicle
- Produce repair orders for customers, including cost and time estimates, with full transparency
- Communicate frequently with technicians and parts associates to ensure timely completion of work
- Follow up with customers on the status of their vehicle, based on how the customer wants to be informed
- Follow up with customers to ensure satisfaction
- Gain superior product knowledge to effectively help customers
- Provide an exceptional customer experience to drive loyalty
What are the requirements for this job?
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Proven ability to provide an exceptional customer experience
- Ability to set and achieve targeted goals
- Prior sales experience preferred but not required
- Demonstrated communication, consultative, interpersonal and organizational skills
- The willingness to follow up with customers
- Experience and desire to work with technology
- Valid in-state driver’s license and an acceptable, safe driving record
Why should I come work for AutoNation?
- You want to work for a car dealer that has a strong moral compass and treats all of its associates with respect
AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.