Austin Lighthouse for the Blind
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Austin Lighthouse for the Blind
- 30-Jul-2019 to 28-Sep-2019 (CST)
- Taylor, TX, USA
- Full Time
- Performs a variety of warehousing duties which require an understanding of TAB's storage plan.
- Verifying materials and/or merchandise against receiving documents, noting and reporting discrepancies and obvious damages. (Indirect)
- Count incoming stock for verification and after classification of the product.(Indirect)
- Routing materials to prescribed storage locations; storing, stacking, or palletizing materials in accordance with prescribed storage methods.
- Rearranging and taking inventory of stored materials.
- Examining stored materials and reporting deterioration and damage.
- Removing material from storage racks and preparing it for shipment.(Indirect)
- May operate hand or power trucks in performing warehousing duties.
- Remove material from storage racks and preparing it for shipment. (Indirect)
- Weighing laundry, data entry of the weight and daily load count, staging of Laundry to be Washed (Austin- Indirect)
- Verify that orders are accurately filled by comparing items and quantities of goods gathered for shipment against documents; insuring that shipments are properly packaged, identified with shipping information, and loaded into transporting vehicles, and preparing and keeping records of goods shipped, e.g., manifests.
- Verify the correctness of incoming shipments by comparing items and quantities unloaded against bills of lading, invoices, manifests, storage receipts, or other records; checking for damaged goods; insuring that goods are appropriately identified for routing to departments within the establishment; preparing and keeping records of goods received.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods
- Knowledge for providing customer and personal services.
- Knowledge of safety around heavy machinery
- Basic Computer skills
- Basic Mathematics
- Critical thinking
- Time management
- The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing or in alternate form.
- The ability to communicate effectively with supervisor, coworkers, and other departments.
- Have strong dexterity capabilities to grasp, assemble, and manipulate objects.
- The ability to stand or sit for 7-8 hours a day.
- The ability to lift 10-25lbs items/products repeatedly.
- The ability to endure extreme temperatures in a warehouse setting.
- The ability to navigate safely in small or large areas/environment.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Certified and/or be able to certify, on all material handling equipment used by the TAB
- Must pass background & drug screen
- Internal and External Applicants
- Verifiable documentation of ability to work in the US
Blind and Visually impaired individuals are encouraged to apply
TAB provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, TAB complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.