Austin Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Truck Driver III
at Austin Independent School District
Openings as of 3/19/2019
06 - Technical/Labor/Trade
- Truck Driver III JobID: 28568
- Position Type:
06 - Technical/Labor/Trade/Truck Driver
- Date Posted:
Clifton Center For Fiscal Year:
- Working safely near and/or with vehicles, material handling equipment, machinery, or power/hand tools
- Pull and issue supplies and materials from inventory by requisition.
- Accurately consolidate, wrap, package orders, and stage for shipping.
- Loading and unloading vehicles as required and according to scheduled delivery.
- Keeping Austin ISD vehicles, facilities, warehouses, and material secure at all times.
- Operate standard warehousing/material handling equipment.
- Assists with physical inventories and cycle counts, ensuring proper stock rotation.
- Reporting shortages, damages, and misplacements to your immediate supervisor.
- Assists in warehouse cleanup as required.
- Assisting in covering other warehouse routes and assignments as required by your Manager.
- Maintaining an acceptable level of productivity.
- Work outside and inside and in regulated and unregulated climates.
- Report to work prepared for extreme climate environments such as cold storage freezers (<50%), freezer trucks (<50%), and refrigerated storage (>50%).
- Daily exposure to street, highway, and pedestrian traffic conditions within the city and at receiving locations.
- Must be able to lift 70 pounds unassisted and up to 150 pounds with the aid of material handling equipment.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time on hard surfaces, (concrete or tile), for at least 80 to 100% of the scheduled work day is required.
- Bending, stooping, reaching, pushing, pulling, loading and unloading are frequent activities of the position.
- This position may involve rare exposure to blood or body fluids.
This position requires a High School Diploma or equivalent, and a minimum of two (2) year of related experience. Incumbent must have a valid Texas Driver’s License, and a current Commercial Driver’s License, Class B Minimum, while operating Austin ISD vehicles. Incumbent must have an acceptable driving record as determined by Austin ISD. Employees in this position are subject to random drug testing.
Incumbent must have knowledge of all motor vehicle laws, and knowledge of the City of Austin and Austin ISD operations area. Incumbent must be operationally proficient with vehicles up to and including 26’ Box Trucks with air brakes. Incumbent must be operationally proficient with electric powered pallet jacks and fork lifts including fork lift certification. Incumbent must provide exceptional customer service and interact with staff, students, and the public in a friendly and professional manner. Employees in this position must be able to read, write, and speak/communicate in English and perform counting and mathematical skills.
JOB PURPOSE AND RESPONSIBILITY:
This position is responsible for inventory, collection, and distribution of Austin ISD materials, inventory, and assets. This may include fulfilling orders, loading/unloading, and storage of Austin ISD materials, inventory, and assets. Position requires that the incumbent tag, fulfill orders, pick up and distribution of AISD textbooks.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
Perform other related duties as assigned; however, all employees are expected to comply with lawful directives from time to time as required by your Manager, or other District officials.
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Working conditions will vary and dependent on the Austin ISD campus and facilities. This includes warehouse areas, congested kitchens, and areas with lack of air flow or air cooling systems. Employee may encounter slippery floors/surfaces, equipment that can cause injury, and heavy material that may need to be lifted. Regular attendance is required for this position.
PERSONAL WORK RELATIONSHIPS:
This position reports directly to the Warehouse Foremen. Incumbent will have frequent contact with the Property Supervisor, warehouse personnel, and other AISD employees.
Duty Days: 208
Pay Grade: MT06
Starting Salary: $13.82/Hr
Closing Date: Until Filled
An Equal Opportunity Employer