Austin Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Temporary/Hourly VICTORY Tutor
at Austin Independent School District
Openings as of 10/16/2019
07 - Temporary/Hourly
- Temporary/Hourly VICTORY Tutor JobID: 27186
- Position Type:
07 - Temporary/Hourly/Tutor
- Date Posted:
Community Ed (External) For Fiscal Year:
PART-TIME/HOURLY POSITION WITHOUT BENEFITS
JOB PURPOSE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The VICTORY tutor, under supervision from the program specialist, will tutor students for one hour in a one-on-one format on a weekly basis at a branch of the City of Austin Public Library. Tutors will reinforce areas of weakness with the student as well as support the lessons currently being taught in the classroom. The tutor will be trained and supported by the Program Specialist and AISD training. The VICTORY tutor will follow all district and campus rules and guidelines as applicable.
Must be a work study student from the University of Texas
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Open and honest communication with the VICTORY Program Specialist.
• Set an example of organization, responsibility, and dedication for VICTORY students.
• Communicate high expectations for achievement and school attendance by all VICTORY students.
• Comfortable working with a diverse student and community population.
• All tutoring takes place after school and in the evenings. Tutors must be on time and reliable.