Austin Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Temporary/Hourly AVID Tutor
at Austin Independent School District
Openings as of 10/16/2019
07 - Temporary/Hourly
- Temporary/Hourly AVID Tutor JobID: 21201
- Position Type:
07 - Temporary/Hourly/Tutor
- Date Posted:
College Readiness For Fiscal Year:
- Facilitate tutorial sessions with small groups of students engaged in academic problem-solving and peer learning. Tutors do not re-teach curriculum or work as homework assistants.
- Become familiar with and use AVID strategies such as Cornell Note-taking, Costa’s Levels of Questioning, etc.
- Maintain open and honest communication with the AVID elective teacher.
- Set an example of organization, responsibility, and personal excellence for AVID students.
- Communicate high expectations for achievement by all AVID students.
- Serve as mentors to AVID students, developing and fostering relationships during the collaborative inquiry-based tutorial process.
- Follow all district and campus rules and guidelines as applicable.
PART-TIME/HOURLY POSITION WITHOUT BENEFITS
The AVID tutor, under supervision from the AVID elective teacher, shall:
*High school diploma or equivalent is required, unless active as an AISD Student. Prefer that the candidate is either currently enrolled in postsecondary courses, or earned postsecondary degree.
*Comfortable working with a diverse student population.
*All tutoring takes place during the school day, so tutor must be on time and reliable.
This is a temporary, hourly position paid at $12 an hour, $14 with bachelors degree or above. This position is not eligible for benefits. Employment is contingent on the applicant passing a pre-employment background check, which includes the submission of fingerprints for a national and state check.
There is a required paid 4-hour training session prior to starting work at a school. If any questions, please contact Tarrah Thompson, AVID District Director, email@example.com.
All applicants must submit an online application.