Austin Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Technology Design Coach
at Austin Independent School District
Job Reference #: 30293
Openings as of 7/22/2019
03 - Professional: Central Office
- Technology Design Coach JobID: 30293
- Position Type:
03 - Professional: Central Office
- Date Posted:
Technology Integration For Fiscal Year:
- Effectively integrate a wide range of technology hardware, software, and professional learning resources into classroom learning environments and curriculum documents.
- Provide support services for administrators, instructional coordinators and teachers.
- Model blended and personalized learning strategies in meetings, while leading professional learning, and at district events.
- Report measurements of transformational technology use in district classrooms.
- Provide coaching, training, and support for blended learning in the classroom and in professional learning for teachers.
- Build community support for technology initiatives that align with the Strategic Plan.
- Participate in cross-functional teams within the Technology department and with other departments.
- Share in the evaluation process of staff recommendations for hardware and software and participate in meetings for the purpose of improving service delivery.
- Participate in an effective communication process on enterprise implementations of classroom technology systems to ensure timely and relevant information is provided to stakeholders.
- Participate in appropriate teams of stakeholders to collaborate and coordinate on project implementations.
- Participate in meetings, workshops and seminars regarding the effective use of technology in public education.
- Participate in local, regional, state-wide, and/or national organizations that provide sound professional learning opportunities and that support policy and funding objectives that are aligned with the Strategic Plan.
- Research computer hardware and software applications, vendors, consultants and current technology for the purpose of being knowledgeable on trends, ensuring availability of instructional materials, and recommending applications and purchases.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required. Master’s degree is preferred.
Experience: Five (5) years of teaching experience required. Proven ability to design, model, and coach teachers to implement blended learning lessons.
The position requires skills to perform multiple, highly complex, technical and non-technical tasks with a need to frequently upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions. Incumbent must have the ability to apply knowledge of current education and instructional theories, methodologies, techniques, and principles to support technology in the classroom. Specific skills are required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: professional coaching, training, digital content creation, mastery of district learning systems, and curriculum integration. This position requires strong customer service skills as well as strong verbal and written communication skills. This position also requires collaboration with multiple personnel including technology coaches. Employees in this position must be able to read, write, and speak/communicate in English in order to receive and to provide work-related information in a timely manner to other employees, supervisors, principals, school personnel, volunteers and where appropriate, visitors and students.
JOB PURPOSE AND RESPONSIBILITY:
This position serves as a professional coach, with other coaches, to support teachers, administrators, and other staff in the integration of technology into learning environments. This position reports to the Director of Technology Integration. This department oversees professional learning and coaching with technology, the implementation and use of various digital tools, instructional applications, and frequent collaboration with other teams, such as the curriculum team.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
Perform other related duties as assigned; however, all employees are expected to comply with lawful directives in rare situations driven by need where a team effort is required.
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Work is usually performed in a normal office setting or classroom with no unusual physical demands or exposure to hazardous situations. This position may involve possible exposure to blood or body fluids. Regular attendance is required for this position.
PERSONAL WORK RELATIONSHIPS:
This position reports directly to the Director of Technology Integration.
Duty Days: 260
Pay Grade: CP5
Starting Salary: $59,363.20/Yr
Closing Date: Until Filled
An Equal Opportunity Employer