Austin Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Planner (2020-2021 SY)
at Austin Independent School District
Openings as of 7/14/2020
03 - Professional: Central Office
- Senior Planner (2020-2021 SY) (Current AISD Employees Only) JobID: 31680
- Position Type:
03 - Professional: Central Office/Project Facilitator
- Date Posted:
Office of Planning & Assets For Fiscal Year:
- This is a Bond position and continued employment is contingent on these funds.
- Assist with the duties and day-to-day operations of the Planning and Asset Management Department.
- Assist with the development and implementation of the District’s Facilities Master Plan.
- Assist in the collection, analysis, reporting and distribution of data related to both short-and long- range facilities planning and demographic planning.
- Prepare reports, agenda items and other communication items, as needed.
- Prepare responses to requests for information from stakeholders and various public entities.
- Collect, analyze, report and maintain data related to the Annual Space Utilization Report.
- Utilize Geographic Information Systems (GIS) to prepare maps and analyze data.
- Assist in the preparation of boundary and assignment recommendations for new schools and other boundary changes, as needed.
- Provide staff support for Facilities and Bond Planning Advisory Committee (FABPAC), Boundary Advisory Committee (BAC) and other advisory committee meetings, as needed.
- Prepare Educational Impact Statements, as requested by City of Austin and Travis County.
- Assist in the collection, analysis, reporting and distribution of information related to real estate, legal and other bond program consultants.
This position requires a bachelors’ degree from an accredited university or college and five (5) years related experience. A degree in urban planning, public administration, or communications is preferred.
This position requires knowledge and skill in the use of personal computers and their software. Incumbent must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and in other computerized applications. This position requires the ability to apply knowledge of process, coordinate projects, organize and maintain records and manage time effectively and efficiently. Incumbent must also be able to communicate effectively through written and oral communication and must be able to work effectively with staff.
JOB PURPOSE AND RESPONSIBILITY:
This position is responsible for providing assistance and staff support for projects administered through the Planning and Asset Management Department.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
Perform other related duties as assigned; however, all employees are expected to comply with lawful directives in rare situations driven by need where a team effort is required.
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Services are provided at schools and the central administrative offices working with district staff, campus staff, community members, and partnering facilitators and all partners of a designated project. Some physical exertion may be necessary to assist with meeting preparation. Work hours, in addition to the regular work day and regular attendance is required. This position may involve rare exposure to blood or body fluids.
PERSONAL WORK RELATIONSHIPS:
This position will report to the Director of Planning and Director of Real Estate. Project facilitator has significant contact with community members serving on BAC and FABPAC, school campus personnel and construction management personnel. Project facilitator may also have contacts with the broader community to support efforts of individual partnering projects, communicate bond project progress, boundary process progress and other pertinent information related to facilities planning.
Duty Days: 260
Pay Grade: CP6
Starting Salary: $31.42/Hr
Closing Date: Until Filled
An Equal Opportunity Employer