Austin Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Procurement Specialist (Bond funded) (2020-21 SY)
at Austin Independent School District
Openings as of 7/11/2020
03 - Professional: Central Office
- Procurement Specialist (Bond funded) (2020-21 SY) (Current AISD Employees Only) JobID: 32835
- Position Type:
03 - Professional: Central Office/Procurement Specialist
- Date Posted:
Contract and Procurement Svcs For Fiscal Year:
- Procures or supervises the timely procurement of supplies, equipment and services needed by the District in accordance with District Policy.
- Maintains the integrity of the public procurement process.
- Consults with school and department personnel on procurement needs, advises on the best methods of purchasing required goods and services, and provides technical assistance.
- Plans administers, and executes the buying procedure including preparing invitations for bids and requests for proposals, finalizing specifications and statements of work, coordinating legal and insurance results with departmental personnel, evaluating bids/proposals, and preparing contracts.
- Reviews and executes contracts and purchase orders within delegated authority.
- Develops and implements effective strategic source agreements based on spend analysis, market conditions, and risk.
- Monitors purchase orders to ensure that goods and services are responsive to District needs and best value is being obtained.
- Researches best practices and develop procedures for procurement.
- Develops training modules and presents training for District employees as well as suppliers.
- Assists staff by providing technical guidance and direction.
- Effectively communicates purchasing policies and procedures to District personnel and interprets said policies and procedures as necessary.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in a related field and one (1) year of work experience. Experience may substitute for education on a year-for-year basis.
This position requires knowledge of State and Austin ISD legal framework, local policy, and administrative regulation for procurement of goods and services. This position requires the ability to obtain best value for the District by procurement methods including competitive bidding, competitive sealed proposals, request for proposals for services, negotiation, and strategic sourcing. This position requires training in specification writing, bid document preparation, and proper procurement techniques. Incumbent must be highly analytical and able to operate a personal computer effectively. This position also requires a working knowledge of the goods and services to be purchased and the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders. Under technical and administrative direction, performs professional work of above average difficulty in the technical and administrative functions of contracting and procurement.
Employees in this position must be able to read, write, and speak/communicate in English in order to receive and to provide work-related information in a timely manner to other employees, supervisors, principals, school personnel, volunteers and where appropriate, visitors and students.
JOB PURPOSE AND RESPONSIBILITY:
his position acquires supplies, equipment, and services needed by the District using competitive procurement methods to satisfy requirements, limit or lesson risk, and obtain best value. Incumbent is responsible for establishment and management of strategic source agreements and purchase orders for moderate value, moderate risk procurement projects and reviewing requests and specifications for supplies, equipment, and services to be acquired under those agreements. Incumbent develops invitations for bids and requests for proposals in accordance with all applicable laws, policies, regulations, and procedures. Incumbent must exercise good judgment in choosing vendors and products, analyzing bids, making award recommendations, and approving requisitions from schools or departments. Incumbent may contact requisitioners, suppliers, and other governmental agencies to resolve problems relating to product information. The incumbent performs a variety of purchasing assignments from policy and training development and implementation to research and anticipation of demand through receipt and acceptance of the goods and services. Work is performed under general supervision and in accordance with established policies and procedures. The employee exercises reasonable initiative and independent judgment in achieving objectives, planning work details and making technical decisions. Advice
and assistance are available in handling the fairly complex matters.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
Perform other related duties as assigned; however, all employees are expected to comply with lawful directives in rare situations driven by need where a team effort is required.
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
This position involves working in a normal office environment and requires sitting, standing, lifting, and may require travel to campuses. Computer use is also required, and prolonged use may result in repetitive hand motion. This position may involve rare exposure to blood or body fluids. Regular attendance is required for this position.
PERSONAL WORK RELATIONSHIPS:
This position reports directly to a Senior Procurement Specialist.
Pay Grade: NIS08
Starting Salary: $21.91/Hr
Closing Date: Until Filled
An Equal Opportunity Employer