Austin Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Payroll Specialist II
at Austin Independent School District
Job Reference #: 27128
Openings as of 3/23/2019
06 - Admin Support/Secretarial/Clerical
- Payroll Specialist II JobID: 27128
- Position Type:
06 - Admin Support/Secretarial/Clerical/Payroll Specialist
- Date Posted:
Finance For Fiscal Year:
- Manage payroll workflow to ensure all transactions are processed accurately and timely.
- Review, research, and follow up with timekeepers using the WorkForce exceptions report before processing weekly WorkForce uploads to ensure an accurate export of hours to be paid.
- Review, edit, and reconcile payroll and validate various reports prior to the payroll run.
- Prepare data for processing void and issue checks.
- Answer telephone and assist callers with payroll questions and information.
- Must be familiar with leave and other payroll policies.
- Provide, review, and update the Payroll Procedures Manual as required to keep it current.
- Research payroll for information to complete forms.
- Inputs necessary information for miscellaneous deductions.
- Makes necessary changes or corrections to EMR forms.
This position requires a high school diploma or equivalent, with short specialized training. Incumbent must have over one (1) year to three (3) years of related experience.
This position requires working knowledge of payroll best practices, strong personal computer skills including proficiency in Excel. Prefer incumbent have a typing proficiency of 40 w.p.m., be accurate in processing and recording the Austin ISD payroll, provide timely and accurate financial information, participate in daily data entry, and payroll processing. This position requires the ability to work under stress and meet deadlines. Incumbent must have alphabetizing and numerical skills, along with the mental alertness and adaptability to office routines. This position requires strong interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills, strong work ethics, and a team player. Incumbent must have a high degree of professionalism, ability to deal sensitively with confidential material and information, the ability to communicate with various levels of management, and must have decision-making, problem-solving, and analytical skills along with organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills.
JOB PURPOSE AND RESPONSIBILITY:
This position is responsible for performing a wide variety of complex clerical duties for Austin ISD Payroll operations such as verifying and reviewing payroll files submitted by campuses and departments to the Finance Office; answers questions and performs research and training as needed.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
Perform other related duties as assigned; however, all employees are expected to comply with lawful directives in rare situations driven by need where a team effort is required.
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
This position involves working in a standard office environment, which may be crowded and congested with considerable interfering noise levels. Computer use is required, and prolonged use may result in repetitive hand motion. This position may involve rare exposure to blood or body fluids. Regular attendance is required for this position.
PERSONAL WORK RELATIONSHIPS:
Incumbent reports directly to Payroll Supervisor and Accounts Payable Supervisor, and receives direct instructions from the Payroll Supervisor or other Accounts Payable Supervisor. Incumbent communicates on a regular basis with Austin ISD personnel, central office employees, data processing, and the department director for Finance.
Duty Days: 260
Pay Grade: CT7
Starting Salary: $16.84/Hr
Closing Date: Until Filled
An Equal Opportunity Employer