Austin Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Multilingual Instructional Coach ESL (School Year 2020-2021)
at Austin Independent School District
Openings as of 7/11/2020
02 - Professional: Schools
- Multilingual Instructional Coach ESL (School Year 2020-2021) JobID: 34139
- Position Type:
02 - Professional: Schools
- Date Posted:
- Date Available:
08/11/2020 For Fiscal Year:
- Position is shared with Travis Early College High School and Gus Garcia Middle School.
- Work as a colleague with classroom teachers to support student learning and teacher practice.
- Teach, model, and facilitate research-based best practices within the school’s instructional program.
- Assist teachers in planning rigorous standards-based lessons and assessments.
- Facilitate a coaching cycle to support teachers to plan, deliver and reflect on instruction.
- Model effective, differentiated instruction in classrooms.
- Provide or arrange for job-embedded professional development and follow-up support.
- Work one-on-one and in small groups with teachers, providing guidance, training, and other resources as needed.
- Provide support in analyzing student assessment data.
- Assist teachers with instructional decisions based on assessment data.
- Provide support for classroom motivation and management strategies as needed.
- Manage time and schedule flexibility to maximize teacher schedules and learning.
- Monitor formal and informal content-specific assessments for English Learners.
- Serve as a resource for classroom teachers with regard to best instructional practices by using sheltered instruction in assigned content areas.
- Support small group instruction/intervention by assisting teachers in planning sessions.
This position requires a valid Texas Bilingual/ESL teaching certificate in the subject and level of assignment and at least three (3) years of successful classroom teaching experience. A strong background in reading and/or math content and pedagogy, experience in schools with diverse student populations, experience working with English Learners and knowledge of sheltered instruction is preferred.
This position requires the ability to support and coach teachers in effective planning and instruction for supporting English Learners. Incumbent must have the ability to apply knowledge of current educational and instructional theories, methodologies, techniques, and principles; knowledge of subject matter; and knowledge of state, local, and federal laws and regulations affecting the lives and education of students. This position requires an understanding of child and adolescent development. Incumbent must have the skills to help teachers manage student behavior. Incumbent must have the ability to communicate effectively using a variety of media; work with others as a team; organize and maintain records; manage time and resources effectively and efficiently; evaluate performance; and provide constructive feedback. This position requires the ability to read, write, and speak English fluently.
JOB PURPOSE AND RESPONSIBILITY:
Incumbent is responsible for supporting and coaching teachers who provide instruction for English Learners. This position requires creativity and adaptive thinking to match teaching objectives, learning strategies, and instructional plans with students’ abilities. Judgment is required to interpret broad state, local, and federal laws, regulations, and policies affecting the lives and education of students and the impact of the laws on instructional methodologies or techniques employed.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
Perform other related duties as assigned; however, all employees are expected to comply with lawful directives in rare situations driven by need where a team effort is required.
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Services are generally provided within a standard classroom environment. Some movement throughout the classroom is generally necessary to facilitate learning (e.g., standing, walking, stooping, bending, sitting, and/or kneeling). Light lifting of materials and other objects associated with a classroom environment is required (e.g., books, teaching aids, up to approximately 20 – 40 lbs.). Computer use is required and prolonged use may result in repetitive hand motion. This position may involve frequent exposure to temperature extremes (hot and cold), humidity extremes, noise, low or intense illumination vibration. This position may involve rare exposure to blood or body fluids. Regular attendance is required for this position.
PERSONAL WORK RELATIONSHIPS:
This position reports directly to the campus administrator. Incumbent receives administrative supervision and is typically evaluated about three times per year. It is expected that less experienced incumbents will receive additional guidance on instructional matters and that those with more experience will serve as mentors, providing suggestions, guidance and assistance as appropriate or necessary. Supervisor may provide detailed instruction regarding changes in policies, procedures or laws or in reference to unusual circumstances or problems. Incumbent has significant contact with teachers, students, parents and other school staff to provide instructional support and offer guidance. Incumbent may also maintain contacts within the community to enrich the content of materials and utilize additional instructional methodologies.
Duty Days: 187
Pay Grade: P6
Closing Date: Until Filled
An Equal Opportunity Employer