Austin Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Licensed Specialist in School Psychology (LSSP) (50%)
at Austin Independent School District
Openings as of 3/19/2019
02 - Professional: Schools
- Licensed Specialist in School Psychology (LSSP) (50%) JobID: 26753
- Position Type:
02 - Professional: Schools/Licensed Specialist in School Psychology (LSSP)
- Date Posted:
- Date Available:
08/13/2018 For Fiscal Year:
- Grant Funded Position
- Part-Time Position with Benefits
- Evaluate students to determine Special Education eligibility (e.g., administer individual intelligence, achievement, adaptive behavior, and behavioral/emotional tests).
- Interpret evaluation data and write evaluation reports.
- Discuss implications of test data for planning, educational programs, providing interventions, and programming strategies with parents, teachers, and staff.
- Provide consultation to parents, teachers, and other school staff.
- Participate in CST meetings to provide District personnel and parents with information regarding referrals for special education evaluation.
- Participate in Annual Review and Dismissal (ARD) meetings to review and interpret evaluation results, assist with placement decisions, develop Individual Education Plans (IEP) and ensure compliance with applicable regulations relative to evaluation and eligibility.
- Continue professional development through workshops, literature, and collaboration with colleagues.
- Review, suggest modifications, and co-sign reports (written by LSSP Interns and Trainees), which identify students as disabled according to the Federal, State and Local criteria.
Position requires licensure as a Licensed Specialist in School Psychology (LSSP) from the Texas State Board of Examiners of Psychologists. Incumbent must be able to read, write, and converse fluently in English.
This position requires knowledge of and ability to apply psychological, behavioral, and learning theories, and knowledge of test construction and statistical theory and application. Incumbent must have knowledge of and interpret State, Local, and Federal regulations affecting the identification and treatment of students with disabilities. Incumbent must have the ability to administer and interpret a variety of evaluation instruments, make recommendations for intervention, and have the ability to communicate clearly with parents, teachers, and other school staff regarding both individual evaluations and general information. Incumbent is also able to evaluate students to determine Emotional Disturbance eligibility.
JOB PURPOSE AND RESPONSIBILITY
This position is responsible for the evaluation and interpretation of results and participation in eligibility decisions, for students with disabilities or suspected disabilities, as part of the Admission, Review, and Dismissal, (ARD) committee. Incumbent is also responsible for helping ensure that school personnel and parents comply with applicable regulations relative to the evaluation and eligibility for special education. Incumbent may also have supervisory responsibilities for evaluations and reports of LSSP Interns and Trainees.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
Perform other related duties as assigned; however, all employees are expected to comply with lawful directives in rare situations driven by need where a team effort is required.
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
Services are generally provided in the school or classroom, although some travel may be required between schools. Services provided involve significant opportunity to make decisions among competing theories, methodologies, and principles. This position may involve rare exposure to blood or body fluids. Regular attendance is required for this position.
PERSONAL WORK RELATIONSHIPS
The incumbent receives administrative supervision. Incumbent independently makes evaluation decisions. Incumbent will maintain working relationships with parents, teachers, other school and departmental staff, and agencies to share information, solve problems, and plan programs for student with disabilities.
Duty Days: 187
Pay Grade: P7B
Closing Date: Until Filled
An Equal Opportunity Employer