Austin Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Licensed Mental Health Professional
at Austin Independent School District
Openings as of 8/25/2019
02 - Professional: Schools
- Licensed Mental Health Professional JobID: 31213
- Position Type:
02 - Professional: Schools/Mental Health Specialist
- Date Posted:
- Date Available:
08/19/2019 For Fiscal Year:
- Conducts assessments of individuals and families with the goal of improving student social, emotional, behavioral, and academic outcomes.
- Conducts reliable and valid assessments of students and families to inform the design of interventions to remove barriers to learning.
- Completes assessment of campus needs to prioritize service delivery.
- Provides consultation to school personnel, parents/guardians, and community partners for the purpose of enhancing their understanding of student needs, developing effective interventions, and building school capacity.
- Collaborates with campus Child Study Systems to increase accessibility and effectiveness of services.
- Acts as a liaison with community agencies to ensure continuity of services.
- Serves on the district crisis team.
- Facilitates crisis response at designated vertical team campuses, as well as providing support as needed during district wide crises.
- Demonstrates the understanding and use of evidence-informed practices in their interventions.
- Utilizes data in assessing needs of, and planning interventions for individual students, groups, and/or whole school population.
- Designs and provides professional development and workshops to administrators, faculty, and community members to support the understanding of social and emotional barriers to learning.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and punctual records, as well as safeguards the privacy and confidentiality of information as required by law, district policy, and licensing requirements.
- Demonstrates a commitment to the values and ethics of the individual’s professional code of ethics.
- Meets the minimum professional development requirements as set forth by the licensing board.
- Adheres to state and District mandated reporting requirements as they pertain to safety concerns.
- Ensures that students and their families are provided services within the context of multicultural understanding and competence.
- Utilizes evidence-informed practices, skills, and techniques that reflect the understanding of the role of culture in the helping process.
- Empowers students and families to gain access to and effectively utilize school and community resources.
Position requires a Master’s degree in Social Work, or related counseling field with a current Texas license as either, a Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW), Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), or Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC, LPC-1). Incumbent is responsible for maintaining active licensure throughout employment. A minimum of 3 years related experience in the area of social services connected with education is preferred. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
This position requires thorough knowledge of Austin ISD policies, procedures and academic requirements, district and campus organizational structures, and available campus and community resources. Incumbent must have a thorough knowledge of social services and programs available to meet a range of mental health, physical health, academic, and social service needs, as well as knowledge of state, local, and federal laws impacting the lives of students (e.g. laws regarding child abuse and neglect). Incumbent must also have experience in crisis response. Incumbent must have the ability to conduct interventions within a broad range of settings in a professional manner and with acumen.
Incumbent must be able to work independently demonstrating persistence, self-motivation, and excellent communication, organizational and time management skills. Incumbent must work effectively within a multidisciplinary team, maintain appropriate boundaries, and serve as a liaison between school and community. Incumbent must be able to manage a student caseload for multiple campuses simultaneously.
JOB PURPOSE AND RESPONSIBILITY:
The primary role of a Licensed Mental Health Professional is to identify and assist students, families, and school systems in overcoming barriers that interfere with learning through the use of assessment, counseling, consultation, and coordination of school and community resources. The Licensed Mental Health Professional utilizes knowledge of human behavior, social, emotional, and community systems to guide service delivery. The incumbent must have general knowledge of, and function within, the district Response to Intervention (RTI) framework, and structure interventions accordingly.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
Perform other related duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
This position involves working in a normal office setting, several school campuses, and the community. Services provided involve local travel to visit homes and other locations; therefore, a Texas Driver’s License is required. Regular attendance is required for this position. This position may involve rare exposure to blood and bodily fluids.
PERSONAL WORK RELATIONSHIPS:
This position reports directly to the principal.
Duty Days: 187
Pay Grade: P7B
Closing Date: Until Filled
An Equal Opportunity Employer