Austin Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Instructional Support Analyst - Career & Technical Education
at Austin Independent School District
Job Reference #: 28624
Openings as of 3/26/2019
03 - Professional: Central Office
- Instructional Support Analyst - Career & Technical Education JobID: 28624
- Position Type:
03 - Professional: Central Office
- Date Posted:
Career and Tech Education
- Date Available:
06/03/2019 For Fiscal Year:
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, local and district policies, rules and regulations.
- Help CTE teachers modify instruction to meet student needs more effectively.
- Observe classes and provide feedback.
- Support CTE teachers and campuses implementing new and innovative programs.
- Encourage CTE teacher participation in workshops and conferences.
- Assist in the development and implementation of curriculum for various Career and Technology Education (CTE) courses including instructional strategies, curriculum standards, and assessment.
- Provides technical assistance to schools in relation to developing and/or revising career pathways and facilities.
- Work with CTE teachers and campus administrators to identify and address needs of CTE teachers.
- Analyzes program offerings and staffing.
- Assist in curriculum development and alignment, teacher professional development activities, needs assessments, and program evaluations.
- Assist CTE teachers in implementation of personal professional development activities, as well as assisting first-year teachers with a mentor.
- Determine when out-of-district training is necessary.
- Research best practice related to specialized areas and work to secure training.
- Disseminate information on current trends and research in CTE
- Provides technical assistance and training for compliance with local, state, and federal policy.
- Design, implement, and evaluate training workshops.
- Support external evaluator with acquisition and analysis of campus and district data.
- Attend professional meetings to enhance knowledge of curriculum or program issues.
Incumbent must have valid Texas Educators Certificate with endorsement in any area of Career and Technical Education (CTE), with a minimum five (5) years successful CTE classroom teaching experience. This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree. Prefer a Master’s Degree or a minimum of 12 credit hours toward a Master’s Degree in Educational Administration, Curriculum and Instruction or equivalent.
This position requires the ability to apply knowledge of current education and instructional theories, methodologies, techniques, and principles. Incumbent must be able to interpret national state, and district standards. Incumbent must have the ability to analyze detailed information, coordinate projects and programs, work with others in a team environment, organize and maintain records, manage time and resources effectively and efficiently and provide constructive feedback. Incumbent must have the ability to use technology proficiently, preferably with cross-platform experience. This position requires effective communication/presentation skills, and skilled use of Microsoft Office; knowledge of database software, and web development considered a plus. Work requires creativity and adaptive thinking to match program objectives. Judgment is required to interpret broad State, Local and Federal laws, regulations, and policies affecting the lives and education of children, as well as how to use a wide variety of data to drive decision-making. Employees in this position must be able to read, write, and speak/communicate in English in order to receive and to provide work-related information in a timely manner to other employees, supervisors, principals, school personnel, volunteers and where appropriate, visitors and students.
JOB PURPOSE AND RESPONSIBILITY:
This position is responsible for providing support in researching, analyzing and reporting a wide variety of student and school performance data; including but not limited to the Austin ISD benchmarks and state assessments, to Austin ISD and campus leaders and instructional staff in order to inform instructional planning and the targeting of assistance for schools, teachers, and students. Incumbent is also involved in program planning, implementation, and training. Incumbent will work with department Director to ensure and support data-driven planning at both district and campus levels.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
Perform other related duties as assigned; however, all employees are expected to comply with lawful directives in rare situations driven by need where a team effort is required.
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
This position involves working in a normal office environment. Computer use is required, and prolonged use may result in repetitive hand motion. Incumbent will at times be required to travel to various district campuses. Some physical exertion is necessary to transport educational materials and/or computer equipment from one work place to another. This position may involve rare exposure to blood or body fluids. Regular attendance is required for this position.
PERSONAL WORK RELATIONSHIPS:
This position reports directly to the Department Director. Supervisor may provide detailed instruction regarding changes in policies, procedures, trends, or laws, or in reference to unusual circumstances or problems. Incumbent has significant contact with teachers, parents, administrators, and other school staff to provide support and instruction, offer guidance and exchange information. Incumbent may also maintain contact within the community to enrich the content of materials and utilize additional instructional methodologies.
Incumbent must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Duty Days: 230
Pay Grade: P8
Closing Date: Until Filled
An Equal Opportunity Employer