Austin Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Instructional Coordinator Special Education (4 Openings) (2020-2021 SY)
at Austin Independent School District
Job Reference #: 26934
Openings as of 7/14/2020
05 - Administration: Central Office
- Instructional Coordinator Special Education (4 Openings) (2020-2021 SY) JobID: 26934
- Position Type:
05 - Administration: Central Office/Coordinator
- Date Posted:
Special Education For Fiscal Year:
- Provides technical assistance and support for assigned campuses.
- Collaborates with the Elementary Supervisor to ensure the District and department goals in the area of Special Education move forward.
- Provide compliance and instructional guidance for assigned campuses, to include areas of state and federal monitoring.
- Coordinate with department chairs/contact teachers to ensure IEP implementation.
- Supports development and implementation of vertical team and/or campus improvement plans to improve results for students with disabilities.
- Monitors and supports use of progress monitoring tool.
- Provides pre-ARD and/or ARD facilitation/support in critical cases.
- Supports campus teams in facilitating advancement of students from campus to campus.
- Supports placement of students for specialized placements .
- Support coordination of supports and services for students and families, to include:
- Non-ed funding application
- In-home training
- Facilitate implementation of mediated, complaints, and/or due process agreements/directives.
- Facilitation of ARD meetings as needed.
- Participate in and present at district committees, principal and staff meetings, seminars, workshops and conferences to support department work plan.
- Respond to correspondence and phone calls from parents, principals, teachers, and supervisors within 24 hours.
- Conduct IEP training and monitor ARD activities, including monitoring electronic records.
- Conduct IEP audits.
- Develop, provide and support PD as needed.
- Support campuses in critical cases.
- Conduct staffing reviews and make recommendations.
- Support implementation of department standard operating procedures
2020-2021 MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
This position requires a Master’s degree in program area from an accredited college or university, a valid Texas Special Education Teaching certificate and a valid Texas Administrative certificate. A minimum of three (3) years of successful special education teaching experience is also required.
This position requires deep technical knowledge of program area, knowledge of district, state, and federal policies, rules and regulations as they relate to the curriculum or program, and training and experience in curriculum and program development;
JOB PURPOSE AND RESPONSIBILITY:
This position is responsible for providing technical assistance and support for assigned campuses. With Elementary Supervisors, incumbent will ensure the Austin ISD and Special Education Department goals move forward.
Performs other related duties as assigned; however, all employees are expected to comply with lawful directives in rare situations driven by need where a team effort is required.
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Office location is Carruth Central Administration Building Services but will require travel between schools. Services provided involve significant opportunity to make decisions among competing theories, methodologies, and principles. Coordinator is expected to work during the defined work day, and beyond the work day and work week as needed. This position may involve rare exposure to blood or body fluids. Regular attendance is required for this position.
PERSONAL WORK RELATIONSHIPS:
The incumbent receives administrative supervision and reports directly to Special Education Elementary Supervisor. Incumbent will maintain working relationships with departmental parents, teachers, other school and departmental staff, and agencies to share information, solve problems, and plan programs for students with disabilities.
Duty Days: 220
Pay Grade: A03
Salary Range: $66,440-$79,972
Closing Date: Until Filled
An Equal Opportunity Employer