Austin Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
HR Tech II (Bilingual Preferred - Temp with Benefits)
at Austin Independent School District
Job Status: Contract/Temporary
Job Reference #: 29765
Categories: Human Resources - Comp & Benefits, Human Resources - Generalists, Healthcare - Support Services
Openings as of 8/17/2019
06 - Admin Support/Secretarial/Clerical
- HR Tech II (Bilingual Preferred - Temp with Benefits) JobID: 29765
- Position Type:
06 - Admin Support/Secretarial/Clerical/Human Resources Tech
- Date Posted:
Human Resources For Fiscal Year:
- Bilingual Preferred Position (English and Spanish).
- This position has benefits but the position ends on 12/20/19.
- Performs detailed and complex data entry in the processing of new and existing employee salary, stipend, experience, and demographic records.
- Collects, maintains, updates, and creates detailed service records for Austin ISD employees. Responds to requests for service records in a timely fashion in accordance with State regulations, ands communicates with other school districts and employers as needed to fulfill requests.
- Assists with annual stipend related processes, such as the fall travel stipend authorization, fall/spring special and bilingual education stipend authorizations, and the fall extra duty stipend. Distributes, collects, and logs stipend authorizations; contacts campuses and departments for clarification and follow-up, and completes data entry of stipend additions and changes.
- Collects and distributes mail for the Office of Human Resources.
- Assists with summer work authorization process, including review and authorization of pay rates, work dates, and assignments.
- Assists with review of scanned documents in document management system. Works with scanning staff to correct issues as needed.
- Act as a backup receptionist in his/her absence, including answering phones and directing visitors.
- Performs detailed reviews of employee data to ensure data integrity. Completes corrections and changes as needed.
- Works with payroll and other district staff to ensure proper payment of employees.
- Maintains personnel files and filing systems.
- Updates and distributes employee duty day and payment calendars for display and in HRIS system.
- Acts as backup timekeeper for the Office of Human Resources. Correct employee time and leave records as needed to ensure correct salary payment.
This position requires a high school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of three (3) years of related experience.
This position requires knowledge of general office procedures and practices and office equipment. Incumbent must have knowledge of office machines, and excellent telephone and oral communication skills. Incumbent must have accuracy in checking, posting, and counting, and have excellent alphabetizing and numerical order skills. Employees in this position must have excellent customer service skills in dealing with administrators, employees, applicants, and the public on the telephone and in person. Employees in this position must be able to read, write, and speak/communicate in English in order to receive and to provide work-related information in a timely manner to other employees, supervisors, principals, school personnel, volunteers and where appropriate, visitors and students. Prefer incumbent has a typing proficiency of 40 wpm.
JOB PURPOSE AND RESPONSIBILITY:
This position serves as clerical support in the Office of Human Resources and performs a variety of duties in the creation and maintenance of files and records, computation of salaries, and in other aspects of personnel duties. Employees in this position regularly communicate with Human Resources staff, other department staff, employees, and the public.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
Perform other related duties as assigned; however, all employees are expected to comply with lawful directives in rare situations driven by need where a team effort is required.
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Services are often performed in a crowded and congested area where frequent interruptions are encountered by telephone, the general public, students and/or parents. Position requires sitting, standing, lifting, and may require travel to off-site records storage. Computer use is required, and prolonged use may result in repetitive hand motion. This position may involve rare exposure to blood or body fluids. Regular attendance is required for this position.
PERSONAL WORK RELATIONSHIPS:
This position reports to the Coordinator of Compensation & Records, Supervisor of Classified Human Resources or Substitute Services Coordinator and has no direct supervisory responsibilities. Incumbent communicates regularly with Austin ISD employees and job applicants.
Duty Days: 260
Pay Grade: CT7
Starting Salary: $16.84/Hr
Closing Date: Until Filled
An Equal Opportunity Employer