Austin Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Help Desk Specialist IV
at Austin Independent School District
Openings as of 8/18/2019
06 - Technology
- Help Desk Specialist IV JobID: 29499
- Position Type:
06 - Technology/Help Desk Specialist
- Date Posted:
Network Services & Support For Fiscal Year:
- Provide resolution to the end user within established time frames using problem solving, telephone and customer service skills, and documents issues and steps taken to achieve resolution into the call tracking system (HEAT).
- Provides business and technical support and assistance to subordinates, staff, users, and Austin ISD management.
- Creates tickets for unsolved issues or service request calls; enters all relevant information, establishes priority of the call and assigns to the appropriate technical service department for further investigation and resolution.
- Monitors unresolved issues and communicates with users, other team members, and management during the resolution process; documents customer, vendor and other contacts in the ticket.
- Provide routine training and operational assistance to Austin ISD personnel in the implementation and use of educational resources regarding software and hardware.
- Assist with the coordination of problem resolutions with contracted maintenance and hardware warranty vendors.
- Notify management of prolonged system/equipment outages or recurring adverse conditions.
- Assists in communicating the status of network issues and possible resolutions to the Network team.
- Dispatch and coordinate problem resolutions with contracted maintenance and hardware warranty vendors.
- Escalate calls to vendor management when response time/resolution times are not within contract specifications.
- Assist with Help Desk weekly and monthly statistical reporting information.
- Design and develop Help Desk reports using Crystal Reports.
This position requires two (2) years (60 semester hours) of college-level work; graduation preferred from an accredited college or university with a computer related degree. Two (2) years additional experience may be substituted, with three (3) years of full-time experience supporting basic hardware and software applications, including (but not limited to), Microsoft Windows operating systems, Mac OSX, Microsoft Office applications (including Outlook), internet browsers and familiarity with call tracking software. A strong emphasis is placed on customer service.
This position requires knowledge of Help Desk “best practices” and a basic understanding of IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) principals. Incumbent must have skills in converting complex business processes into clear, logical, well documented procedures. This position requires excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to speak to the end user at their level of knowledge and understanding. The ability to communicate verbally with clients/customers in individual or group settings; to gather information and/or explain policies/procedures in a courteous, precise, and comprehensible manner is also required. Incumbent must have the ability to ask probing questions, efficiently assess problems and articulate solutions. The position requires a solid technical aptitude that will allow for growth in problem solving and research skills. Incumbent must have the ability to remember and integrate complex concepts, difficult procedures and complicated processes. This position requires general knowledge of Local Area Networks and Wide Area Networks.
JOB PURPOSE AND RESPONSIBILITY:
This purpose of this position is to perform moderately complex systems analysis and communicate correction action to end users. Work involves analyzing various aspects of managerial concern, such as specific procedures for accomplishing a task, staff requirements and use. This position is responsible for assisting the Help Desk Manager with planning and scheduling of Help Desk functions; mentors and trains other Help Desk Specialists. This position provides customer service and performs moderately complex system support work with several different hardware environments, software applications and telephone systems. The Help Desk Specialist IV is responsible for working with other Help Desk Specialists in providing customer service and work to solve more in-depth issues in different hardware environments, mobile devices, software applications and telephone systems. In the role of Help Desk Specialist IV, all applicable policies and procedures (including adhering to established leave and attendance policies), safety rules, regulations, security policies and policies regarding the use of Austin ISD property must be followed. This position provides training to Austin ISD staff in the implementation and use of computer and peripheral systems. Compiles operational statistical data and renders performance and status report. Incumbent works with considerable independence and resolves users’ problem calls and tickets within established time frames to meet Service Level Agreements (SLA). Work procedures and processes may vary from assignment to assignment.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
Perform other related duties as assigned; however, all employees are expected to comply with lawful directives in rare situations driven by need where a team effort is required.
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Work is typically performed in a standard office or school setting. Incumbent may perform activities that require manual dexterity on a routine basis, perform visual activities requiring prolonged attention to detail such as editing and/or proofreading. The role of the Help Desk Specialist IV may be required to infrequently travel. This position may involve rare exposure to blood or body fluids. Regular attendance is required for this position.
PERSONAL WORK RELATIONSHIPS:
This position reports directly to the Help Desk Manager, and will have continually verbal contact with Austin ISD staff. The Help Desk Specialist IV may direct Help Desk Specialists I, II and III.
Duty Days: 260
Pay Grade: CP1
Starting Salary: $21.91/Hr
Closing Date: Until Filled
An Equal Opportunity Employer