Austin Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Austin Independent School District
Openings as of 8/25/2019
06 - Technical/Labor/Trade
- Groundskeeper JobID: 29870
- Position Type:
06 - Technical/Labor/Trade/Groundskeeper
- Date Posted:
Service Center - Building & Grounds For Fiscal Year:
- Performs landscaping work to include digging ditches, spreading dirt, planting grass and shrubbery, clean yards and grounds (which may include the use of fertilizers), mow lawns, and sweep driveways/parking lots.
- Performs miscellaneous tasks such as fence repair, assisting in plumbing repairs and/or air conditioner/heating repair work, cleans buildings after a fire or vandalism, does substitute custodial work during emergencies and removes dead animals from within or under buildings on occasion.
- Operates small equipment such as jackhammers, sandblasters, pavement breakers, chain saws, weed eaters, etc., as part of routine assigned duties.
- Conducts daily maintenance check of all assigned vehicles and/or equipment to include gas, oil, light, brakes, etc. Reports any problems to the Supervisor.
This position requires ten (10) to twelve (12) years of school, a limited working knowledge of related specialized field, and a valid Texas Operators Driver’s License.
This position requires incumbent to have the ability to read and write, be prompt, reliable, and have a willing attitude to perform a variety of tasks when the need arises. Incumbent must be familiar with and know how to safely operate vehicles and equipment to which he/she is assigned. Incumbent must be able to use simple arithmetic. Employees in this position must be able to read, write, and speak/communicate in English in order to receive and to provide work-related information in a timely manner to other employees, supervisors, principals, school personnel, volunteers and where appropriate, visitors and students.
JOB PURPOSE AND RESPONSIBILITY:
This position performs general labor assignments to include operating a variety of light and medium equipment to maintain Austin ISD properties. Employees in this class also may be required to perform miscellaneous tasks such as minor repairs, cleaning, and refuse removal.
Perform other related duties as assigned; however, all employees are expected to comply with lawful directives in rare situations driven by need where a team effort is required.
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. A large variety of injuries may occur if care is not exercised in equipment handling such as cuts, shocks, crushed fingers, or back injuries due to lifting weights over one-hundred (100) pounds. Weather conditions may cause discomfort in outside work. This position requires the incumbent to be physically strong and in good health and capable of working 8 hours daily; incumbent should be of physical size and condition normally within ranges of insurance companies “normal range” of height to weight. This position may involve rare exposure to blood or body fluids. Regular attendance is required for this position.
PERSONAL WORK RELATIONSHIPS:
This position reports to the Grounds Crew Leader and the Supervisor for Buildings and Grounds. Incumbent may have frequent contact with other Groundskeepers and other Austin ISD staff.
Duty Days: 260
Pay Grade: MT03
Starting Salary: $13.00/Hr
Closing Date: Until Filled
An Equal Opportunity Employer