Austin Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Executive Director For Middle Schools (2020-2021 SY)
at Austin Independent School District
Job Reference #: 34206
Openings as of 7/11/2020
05 - Administration: Central Office
- Executive Director For Middle Schools (2020-2021 SY) JobID: 34206
- Position Type:
05 - Administration: Central Office/Executive
- Date Posted:
AISD HQ For Fiscal Year:
- Ensures compliance with federal and state law, District policies, and University Interscholastic League rules.
- Identifies program needs and improvement strategies.
- Provides general oversight of Principals and coordinates principal evaluations.
- Serves as a liaison for middle schools regarding staffing, technology use, Title IX compliance, extracurricular activities, and dropout prevention.
- Utilizes the results of student assessment to determine goals and objectives for middle schools; systematically monitors school improvement; develops long – and – short-range plans that will help campuses attain district goals.
- Monitors and assesses campus leadership as related to performance, climate, student issues, co-curricular, extra-curricular activities, facilities, and other campus operations.
- Works with campus leadership on campus plan development ensuring compliance with TEA and federal guidelines.
- Coordinates services with other staff within and outside the department.
- Develops, reviews, and manages the department budget. Responsible for developing and managing budget in assigned area
- Facilitates the development of middle course/master schedules, student information guides, and common choice sheets.
- Coordinates middle school activities at the District level, including registration, orientation, Back-To-School Night and graduation.
- Responds to parent, community member, and staff questions and requests for information on middle school issues on a daily basis.
- Assumes responsibility for one’s own professional growth and promotes a community of learners.
- Acts as lead administrator in absence of Associate Superintendent.
- Assists with personnel issues (e.g., employee grievances).
- Acts as liaison with other district departments.
- Participates in the principal interview process.
- Establishes and manages operational procedures for assigned office.
- Assists with campus facility needs.
- Monitors implementation of projects and plans.
- Manages and approves campus staffing requests.
- Reviews and approves campus plans.
- Participates in the grade placement committee/student success initiative.
- Dedicated to providing an exceptional customer experience for all AISD stakeholders with intentional and professional practices that promote a culture of respect and focus on achieving equitable outcomes.
Note: Application reviewal will begin July 10, 2020.
Education: Master’s degree in education or related field required. Bilingual candidates preferred.
Experience: Five (5) years of related experience required, including three (3) years of successful administrative experience as a secondary principal, and two (2) years of successful public school classroom teaching experience.
Texas Principal Certification required.
This position requires knowledge and skill in the use of personal computers and their software. Incumbent should be proficient in Microsoft Office. Employees in this position must be able to read, write, and speak/communicate in English in order to receive and to provide work-related information in a timely manner to other employees, supervisors, principals, school personnel, volunteers and where appropriate, visitors and students.
JOB PURPOSE AND RESPONSIBILITY
Incumbent serves as director at the District level for compliance and supervision of Secondary Education programs. This position is responsible for direction, supervision, and review of all aspects of secondary education programming.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
Perform other related duties as assigned; however, all employees are expected to comply with lawful directives in rare situations driven by need where a team effort is required.
Manages principals at designated campuses as assigned by Associate Superintendent. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; evaluating performance including providing ongoing performance feedback to employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made if necessary.
Work is performed in an office or school setting. Position requires sitting and standing and may require travel to campuses. This position may involve rare exposure to blood or body fluids. Regular attendance is required for this position.
PERSONAL WORK RELATIONSHIPS
This position reports directly to the Associate Superintendent of Middle Schools or Associate Superintendent for High Schools to provide information and status reports and/or receive instruction and guidance. Incumbent receives general direction from supervisor. Incumbent has regular contact with school administrators and other Austin ISD staff.
Duty Days: 230
Pay Grade: AP13
Salary Range: $120,612 - $156,639
Closing Date: Until Filled
An Equal Opportunity Employer