Austin Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Evaluation Analyst II-Equity
at Austin Independent School District
Openings as of 10/16/2019
03 - Professional: Central Office
- Evaluation Analyst II-Equity JobID: 31356
- Position Type:
03 - Professional: Central Office/Analyst
- Date Posted:
Superintendent`s Office For Fiscal Year:
- Elicits information and documents needed to formulate evaluation questions.
- Assists in the identification and development of measurable objectives.
- Develops evaluation designs and timelines for one or more projects.
- Manages collection of input, process, and outcome data.
- Selects and/or develops instruments needed to measure attainment of program objectives and supervises administration of assessments as needed.
- Analyzes data and interprets results.
- Evaluates existing research and data sets for their applicability to the District’s equity strategy.
- Designs, updates, and maintains current key data sets.
- Writes evaluation reports using APA style that communicate results effectively to multiple audiences.
- Prepares graphic or other communicative displays of evaluation results (e.g. graphs, charts, transparencies, etc.).
- Presents findings/results to multiple audiences (e.g. parents, community groups, campus staff/ administrators, program managers).
- Develops and provides recommendations and implementation plans regarding the results of research and evaluation studies.
- Maintains effective liaisons with school and other administrative staff (e.g. helps staff set goals, understand and apply evaluation results).
- Serves on district committees, provides information as required to district decision-makers.
- Serves as technical expert and resource consultant for the District.
- Engages in practices that maximize efficiency of data collection/reporting and integrates the work of multiple projects to expand the depth and breadth of evaluation results.
- Participates in ongoing training and professional growth to expand knowledge and skills in the areas of research and evaluation, as well as areas of particular interest to the department and/or district (e.g., curriculum and instruction, student behavior, employee compensation practices, etc.).
- Assists department and district staff with professional growth.
- Supports or develops processes or opportunities to improve morale and climate among department staff by exhibiting model behavior and supporting appropriate interactions among colleagues.
- Proactively scans the environment, recognizing needs and issues as they arise and responding accordingly.
- Fosters collegiality and team building.
- Works collaboratively with the department/District community to ensure attainment of department and district goals.
- Demonstrates awareness of office, department, and district goals (Strategic Plan Scorecard, Board Priorities, etc.).
This position requires a Doctoral degree or completion of all course requirements for a doctoral degree with graduate hours in statistics, measurement, research design, programming, or other course work related to program evaluation. A Master’s degree in a related field plus an additional three years of related experience may substitute for the education requirement. Three (3) years of experience in evaluation, applied research, or similar program evaluation-related field and professional publications are preferred.
This position requires an understanding of and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, sexual orientation and gender identity of the District’s students and staff. Extensive knowledge in the field of equity, diversity, and inclusion and its application to the educational environment is required. Knowledge of and skills in educational evaluation and/or research, and word-processing and spreadsheet software are required. Incumbent must possess thorough knowledge of statistical software (e.g., SAS, SPSS), strong writing skills, and knowledge of APA writing style. This position requires experience constructing data displays, charts, and graphs in Microsoft Excel and Word. Experience programming reports and advanced queries in Microsoft Access, experience with multi-level modeling or HLM, experience with survey sampling and large-scale survey administration, and project and personnel management skills preferred. This position requires the ability to read, write, and converse fluently in English.
JOB PURPOSE AND RESPONSIBILITY:
Incumbent provides support for the development, implementation and evaluation of the District’s equity strategy. Incumbent collaborates with district stakeholders to increase student achievement by developing and facilitating a research-informed plan. Incumbent will serve on Austin ISD committees; respond to ad hoc information requests from the Superintendent, other administrators, teachers, and the public; integrate data collection and work across multiple projects in creative and efficient ways; and perform other duties as assigned.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
Perform other related duties as assigned; however, all employees are expected to comply with lawful directives in rare situations driven by need where a team effort is required.
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
This position involves working in a normal office environment. Computer use is required, and prolonged use may result in repetitive hand motion. This position may involve rare exposure to blood or body fluids. Regular attendance is required for this position.
PERSONAL WORK RELATIONSHIPS:
This position works under the supervision of the Executive Director of Accountability and Assessment. Incumbent also has contact with executive staff, program staff, and the public.
Duty Days: 230
Pay Grade: P8
Closing Date: Until Filled
An Equal Opportunity Employer