Austin Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Environmental/Safety Specialist II
at Austin Independent School District
Openings as of 5/21/2019
06 - Technical/Labor/Trade
- Environmental/Safety Specialist II JobID: 26492
- Position Type:
06 - Technical/Labor/Trade/Environmental Safety Specialist
- Date Posted:
Service Center - Building & Grounds For Fiscal Year:
- Maintain departmental electronic and hard copy filing systems; manage office, including taking inventory and ordering supplies as needed and approved.
- Maintain confidentially of employee medical records and adhere to HIPAA regulation
- Categorizes all invoices and receipts from vendors to be submitted to Accounts Payable daily and or as directed, by supervisor
- Assist with completing weekly and monthly reports from inspection reports.
- Perform annual inventory of office asset equipment, tool and sampling instruments.
- Perform AHERA, NESHAP asbestos inspections in all District schools and support facilities as directed as assigned by supervisor.
- Perform TMARR mold assessment in all District schools and support facilities as directed as assigned by supervisor.
- Compile and prepare accurate inspection records for AHERA compliance periodic inspections.
- Properly prepare collected samples on required forms and mail or deliver to mail carrier as necessary.
- Assist in providing in-house employee asbestos awareness training and employee safety training.
- Must be able to wear a respirator.
This position requires a High School Diploma or Equivalent. Some college or trade school preferred. Four years of related experience. Experience performing/managing onsite field evaluations, testing and inspection for IAQ, asbestos and mold. Current TXDSHS Asbestos Inspector license. Incumbent shall maintain all required and necessary license(s) and certification(s) to perform duties to include a valid Texas Operators Driver’s license. These licenses are required to be in the possession of the inspector while conducting inspections.
Ability to perform technical work, including problem analysis, developing written materials; planning, organizing, and coordinating multiple projects and wide range of demands that require attention to detail.
Incumbent must be skilled in the use of a personal computer and software applications, specifically proficient in Microsoft Office suite programs. Must demonstrate excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage time and resources effectively and efficiently. Knowledge of pertinent district federal, state and local compliance regulations that pertains to buildings and employees working environments is highly desirable. The incumbent must be able to use hand powered tools and equipment and devices for collecting samples. Excellent communication, reading and writing ability and the ability to work responsibly with minimal supervision are required. Knowledgeable in basic mathematics.
JOB PURPOSE AND RESPONSIBILITY:
This position is primarily responsible for assisting the Environmental Safety Foreman in performing a wide range of administrative and office support activities for the department to facilitate the efficient operation of the District. Incumbent will be assigned to conduct a minimal quantity of ongoing asbestos semi-annual inspections and three (3) re-inspections as mandated by the U.S. EPA Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act (AHERA), National Emissions Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants (NESHAP) and the Texas Asbestos Health Protection Rules in all the District’s schools and Texas Mold Assessment and Remediation Rules tasks as assigned and directed.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
Perform other related duties as assigned; however, all employees are expected to comply with lawful directives in rare situations driven by need where a team effort is required.
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Usually normal conditions, however, potential for hazardous conditions and exposure may exits. Climbing ladders to access roofs, mechanical equipment, and under floor crawls spaces is required. This position also requires lifting and moving equipment or material up to 100 lbs. This position may involve rare exposure to blood or body fluids. Regular attendance for this position is required. Incumbent may be required to work hours in addition to their normal 8-hours duty day. Incumbent may also be required to carry a pager and work on an “on call” basis. On call time may not require working on premises, but simply being available on short notice if the need arises.
PERSONAL WORK RELATIONSHIPS:
This position reports directly to the Environmental Safety Foreman.
Pay Grade: MT10
Starting Salary: $17.87/Hr
Closing Date: Until Filled
An Equal Opportunity Employer