Austin Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Environmental Safety Foreman
at Austin Independent School District
Openings as of 3/23/2019
06 - Technical/Labor/Trade
- Environmental Safety Foreman JobID: 28184
- Position Type:
06 - Technical/Labor/Trade/Environmental Safety Specialist
- Date Posted:
Service Center - Building & Grounds For Fiscal Year:
- Supervise Environmental Safety Specialists.
- Assist the Assistant Director for Maintenance and the Supervisor for Buildings and Grounds by coordinating and developing environmental and safety compliance issues that impact the Austin IS; such as AHERA, Hazardous Waste Management, Indoor Air Quality, Industrial and Plant Safety, and the Employee Safety Program.
- Assist building administrator in environmental related issues that pertain to maintaining safety and a healthful environment that is in compliance with regulatory agencies.
- Responds to emergencies that can create indoor air and hazardous episodes.
- Conduct training and or coordinate the training of Service Center employees and Austin ISD employees, as required.
- Acquires request for quotes and proposals; purchase and maintain the necessary materials, supplies, and services to support duties and tasks.
- Be a member of the Austin ISD Asbestos Management team and comply with EPA, AHERA, OSHA, and TDH.
- Act as the Austin ISD’s Respiratory Protection Program Manager and perform all of the duties that are required under the local, state, and federal respiratory protection requirements and regulations.
- Provide necessary evaluations and resolutions of indoor air quality issues and hazardous waste management programs for Austin ISD facilities.
- Maintain all required and necessary license(s) and certification(s) to perform duties to include a valid Texas Operator’s Driver’s license.
- Other duties as assigned when they are critical to the operation of Austin ISD.
- Maintain an accurate payroll record.
This position requires three (3) years of college or equivalent. Associate’s degree preferred in Environmental Science, Life Science, Natural Science, Safety Engineering, or a related field. Certification in Air Quality is required. The Asbestos Manager Planner and the Mold Consultant license must be obtained within the first year of employment.
A minimum of six (6) years related experience is required and three (3) years of supervisory experience. Incumbent should have considerable knowledge of specialized field in building maintenance. This position requires specialized training in industrial and non-industrial safety, indoor air quality, environmental management and AHERA.
This position requires knowledge of building systems and how they are inter-related to indoor air quality issues that can lead to unsafe working conditions, building related illnesses, and sick building syndrome. Incumbent should know and apply pertinent EPA, OSHA, State, and local compliance regulations that pertain to employee working environments. This position requires the ability to perform professional technical work which includes analysis of problems of administrative and maintenance aspects, complex written materials; planning, organizing, and coordinating multiple projects and wide range of demands that require attention to details. Incumbent must have the ability to organize and coordinate work and to work effectively with others, to include administrators, staff, and outside agencies. This position requires the ability to train, supervise, and counsel employees. Excellent communication, reading, writing, and computer skills are required.
JOB PURPOSE AND RESPONSIBILITY:
This position is responsible for supervising and managing the Austin ISD’s environmental programs, hazardous waste management, Service Center’s employee safety program, physical plant and general safety related issues. This position provides technical assistance for any Austin ISD environmental and safety response crisis.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
Perform other related duties as assigned; however, all employees are expected to comply with lawful directives in rare situations driven by need where a team effort is required.
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Work is performed in usual conditions, however, potential for hazardous conditions and exposure may exist. Climb ladders to access roofs, mechanical equipment, and under floor crawl spaces. OSHA category for blood pathogens for this position is a Category III, which involves no exposure to blood or body fluids. Regular attendance is required for this position.
PERSONAL WORK RELATIONSHIPS:
This position reports directly to the Supervisor for Buildings and Grounds and/ or the Assistant Director for Maintenance. This position directly supervises Environmental Safety Specialists and serves as project supervisor on environmental remediation projects as required.
Duty Days: 260
Pay Grade: MP03
Starting Salary: $21.74 - $27.18/Hr
Closing Date: Until Filled
An Equal Opportunity Employer