Austin Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
EL Summer School 2020: Parent Support Specialist
at Austin Independent School District
Job Status: Seasonal
Job Reference #: 32638
Categories: IT - Computer Services & Support
Openings as of 7/11/2020
10 - Summer School
- EL Summer School 2020: Parent Support Specialist (Current AISD Employees Only) JobID: 32638
- Position Type:
10 - Summer School/Parent Support Specialist (Summer)
- Date Posted:
Summer Programs - Menchaca For Fiscal Year:
May 30, 2020 from 8:00 am -4:00 pm, June 1 – June 26, 2020 (Monday – Friday). 7:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. and 11:30 a.m.- 3:30 p.m. (30 min. lunch; BOLT clock out and in)
This position requires a high school diploma or GED. Prefer a minimum of two years of college. Incumbent must have a minimum of two (2) years of experience in education, social services, adult education, community organizations, or related fields. Incumbent must have effective communication skills, both oral and written. Incumbent should be able to work with a diverse population. Incumbent must have a valid Texas driver’s license, or have the ability to obtain one. Bilingual preferred!
JOB PURPOSE AND RESPONSIBILITY:
Promote, facilitate and develop parent/family engagement in Austin schools. This includes building capacity for parent leadership in the District, working with community groups to engage and support parents, and identifying resources for parents and families. Incumbent reports to the Principal. Incumbent will consult frequently with teachers, principals, counselors, campus staff, and parents. Incumbent will be in regular contact with school staff, students, and families.
• Organize and provide ongoing parent/family/community engagement and meetings in coordination with the campus principal, campus and district staff, and other community entities.
• Assist the principal and other campus staff with identifying effective strategies for increasing parent participation and student attendance.
• Establish and maintain productive working relationships with campus staff and parents/families/community and community resource providers.
• Document program activities and outcomes, which will promote the identification of successful practices and the sharing of these practices.
• Perform other related duties as assigned; however, all employees are expected to comply with lawful directives in rare situations driven by need where a team effort is required.
• Services are provided in the school/office environment and will involve some local travel to visit homes. Incumbent must have own transportation and be willing to work evenings when necessary. Regular attendance is required for this position.
Contact persons: Debbie.Sansom@austinisd.org or Evelin.Ramos@austinisd.org or 414-4732
All applicants must submit an internal application online.