Austin Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
EL 2020 Summer School: Teacher Assistant for Pre-K& Kinder, Bilingual Preferred
at Austin Independent School District
Job Status: Seasonal
Job Reference #: 32634
Openings as of 7/11/2020
10 - Summer School
- EL 2020 Summer School: Teacher Assistant for Pre-K& Kinder, Bilingual Preferred (Current AISD Employees Only) JobID: 32634
- Position Type:
10 - Summer School/Teacher Assistant (Summer)
- Date Posted:
Summer Programs - Guerrero -Thompson For Fiscal Year:
- Present materials to class based on teacher's lesson plan and reinforce skills introduced by the teacher.
- Tutor individual students and assist with independent study.
- Conduct small groups such as reading groups.
- Monitor Student behavior and discipline students as necessary.
- Create bulletin boards and other educational displays.
- Ensure that specific materials and supplies are ready for classroom use.
- Must commit to entire 20 day program.
- Other duties as assigned.
For Fiscal Year: 2019-2020
Duty Dates/Times: Saturday, May 30 (6.5 hours) Prep. and set-up
Monday-Friday (5-day week), June 1 – June 26, 7:15 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.)
(30 min. lunch; BOLT-clock out and in), June 24and 25 -2 hrs. overtime
JOB PURPOSE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Incumbents (two needed) are responsible for providing general assistance to teacher and students. Incumbent must exercise judgment in handling student disciplinary problems and in assessing students' skill levels. All work must be done in accordance with AISD policies and procedures.
This position requires at least 60 college hours or an Associates (or higher) degree from an accredited college or university or have successfully completed ParaEducator course and passed an assessment test offered by Austin Community College or the Education Service Center, Region 13.
Have experience related to working with children.
Contact persons: or or 414-4732
All applicants must submit an internal application online.