Austin Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Educational Diagnostician (2020-2021 School Year)
at Austin Independent School District
Openings as of 7/11/2020
02 - Professional: Schools
- Educational Diagnostician (2020-2021 School Year) JobID: 32729
- Position Type:
02 - Professional: Schools/Educational Diagnostician
- Date Posted:
- Date Available:
08/11/2020 For Fiscal Year:
- Evaluate students to provide information relevant to the determination of disability determinations (e.g., administer individual standardized intelligence and achievement measures, parent and teacher rating scales, as well as other relevant tests).
- Interpret evaluation data and write evaluation reports, both individually or in collaboration with Licensed Specialists in School Psychology or other members of multidisciplinary evaluation teams.
- Participate in Annual Review and Dismissal (ARD) meetings to review and interpret evaluation results, assist with placement decisions, develop Individual Education Plans (IEP) and ensure compliance with applicable regulations relative to evaluation and eligibility.
- Continue professional development through workshops, literature, and collaboration with colleagues.
Position requires a Master’s degree and candidate must have and maintain appropriate certification for Educational Diagnostician in the State of Texas.
This position requires knowledge of and ability to apply learning theories, knowledge of test construction and statistical theory and application, and the knowledge of State, local and Federal regulations affecting the identification and programming of students with disabilities. Incumbent must also have the ability to administer and interpret a variety of evaluation instruments, make recommendations for intervention, and have the ability to communicate clearly with parents, teachers, other school staff regarding both individual evaluations and general information. This position requires the ability to read, write, and speak English fluently.
JOB PURPOSE AND RESPONSIBILITY
This position is responsible for the evaluation, interpretation of results, and participation in eligibility decisions for students with disabilities or suspected disabilities as part of the Admission, Review and Dismissal, (ARD) committee.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
Perform other related duties as assigned; however, all employees are expected to comply with lawful directives in rare situations driven by need where a team effort is required.
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
Services are generally provided in the school or classroom, although some travel will be required between schools. Services provided involve significant opportunity to make decisions among competing theories, methodologies, and principles. This position may involve rare exposure to blood or body fluids. Regular attendance is required for this position.
PERSONAL WORK RELATIONSHIPS
The incumbent receives administrative supervision. Incumbent independently makes evaluation decisions. Incumbent will maintain working relationships with parents, teachers, other school and departmental staff, and agencies to share information, solve problems, and plan programs for student with disabilities.
Duty Days: 187
Pay Grade: P7B
Closing Date: Until Filled
An Equal Opportunity Employer