Austin Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Custodial Crew Leader-Evening (2020-2021 School Year)
at Austin Independent School District
Openings as of 7/5/2020
06 - Technical/Labor/Trade
- Custodial Crew Leader-Evening (2020-2021 School Year) JobID: 33382
- Position Type:
06 - Technical/Labor/Trade/Custodian
- Date Posted:
- Date Available:
07/2020 For Fiscal Year:
- Prepares work schedules and duty assignments for school custodians.
- Provides all necessary on the job training to assigned custodians.
- Evaluates work performance of all custodians under his/her supervision.
- Responsible for cleaning an assigned area with a minimum of eight (8) to ten (10) classrooms.
- Maintains inventory control to insure that adequate cleaning supplies and equipment are available at all times.
- Responsible for proper care, maintenance and safe use of all housekeeping equipment.
- Prepares custodial payroll to include time cards, special time reports, absence reports and transmittals.
- Knows how to operate the alarm system and insure that all custodians understand the proper school opening and closing procedures.
- Insures timely replacement of light bulbs, ceiling tiles and other building supply items which are installable by the custodial staff.
- Documents and reports all observed building maintenance needs to designated school office staff member for proper work request processing.
- Reports any cases of break-in, vandalism or any unauthorized persons in or around school premises.
- Reports unsafe conditions to the principal and/or building supervisor and takes corrective action.
- Investigates reported job related injuries and then completes the Employer’s First Report of Injury or Illness Report. NOTE: This report must be completed within 24 hours of injury.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. on a frequent basis, and with assistance on occasion for any items greater than 50 lbs.
- Manual and physical dexterity (handling of scrubbing machines, burnishers, vacuum cleaners, carpet cleaning machines, cleaning equipment/materials, hand tools, etc.).
- Ability to climb a 10 foot ladder.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time on hard surfaces (concrete or tile) for at least 80-100% of the scheduled workday, usually 8 hours.
- Must be able to use cleaning chemicals and cleaning agents necessary to perform the essential functions of the job.
- May be required to respond to emergency situations after hours and on the weekends.
- Bending, stooping - frequently (cleaning)
- Squatting - occasionally
- Reaching - frequently
- Pushing - frequently
- Pulling - frequently
- Walking - constantly
This position requires a high school diploma or equivalent, with a minimum of one (1) year of related experience.
This position must be able to follow oral and written instructions, as well as the ability to read and write, and the use of simple arithmetic. Incumbent must have knowledge of operating machines in custodial work. Incumbent must be able to maintain accurate written and computer records. This position must have the ability to interact with customers, fellow employees, management, school staff and administrators. This includes hearing, feeling, and smelling. Incumbent should also be able to work well with others. Employees in this position must be able to read, write, and speak/communicate in English in order to receive and to provide work-related information in a timely manner to other employees, supervisors, principals, school personnel, volunteers and where appropriate, visitors and students.
JOB PURPOSE AND RESPONSIBILITY:
This position is responsible for supervision of less than two custodians in keeping small buildings in a clean, sanitary and safe housekeeping order. Incumbent ensures that all cleaning equipment and materials are maintained in a manner consistent with safe and efficient working practices. Incumbent must have an Austin ISD issued pager in possession at all times to respond to emergency situations.
Perform other related duties as assigned; however, all employees are expected to comply with lawful directives in rare situations driven by need where a team effort is required.
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position will be an inside position, with approximately 90% of the time being spent in a school. The temperature inside will fluctuate depending on the season and cooling systems within each school. There will be a high level of noise, due to student interaction, equipment, and typical school activity. Approximately 10% of the time will be spent outdoors picking up trash and debris from the school grounds, and depositing trash in dumpsters. OSHA category for blood born pathogens for this position is Category II, which involves possible exposure to blood or body fluids. Regular attendance is required for this position. Body Movements (measured in terms of frequency):
Not at All Occasionally Frequently Constantly
0% 1 – 33% 34 – 66% 67 – 100%
This position reports directly to the principal or building supervisor, and will assist in suipervising housekeeping personnel assigned to that campus.
Pay Grade: AUX3
Starting Salary: $15.43/Hr (Includes $1.10 evening shift differential)
Closing Date: Until Filled
An Equal Opportunity Employer