Austin Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Computer Lab Assistant - Grant Funded
at Austin Independent School District
Job Status: Contract/Temporary
Job Reference #: 31033
Categories: Administrative/Clerical, IT - Computer Services & Support, Healthcare - Lab/Hematology/Pathology
Openings as of 8/25/2019
06 - Student/Parent Support/Teacher Assist
- Computer Lab Assistant - Grant Funded JobID: 31033
- Position Type:
06 - Student/Parent Support/Teacher Assist
- Date Posted:
- Date Available:
08/13/2019 For Fiscal Year:
- Grant funded position.
- Installs/maintains computer software and hardware.
- Explains the function of specific computer programs to students and/or teachers.
- Sets up/maintains computer networks.
- Works closely with students and reinforces skills introduced by the teacher.
- Tutors individual students (e.g., helps them prepare assignments or explains material they do not understand); assists with independent study.
- Conducts small group such as reading groups.
- Monitors student behavior and disciplines students as necessary.
- Creates bulletin boards and other educational displays.
- Ensures that specific materials and supplies are ready for classroom use.
- Operates audiovisual equipment.
- Corrects homework assignments and grades papers.
- Performs clerical duties such as recording attendance and grades and duplicating or laminating materials.
- Assists the teacher with planning and organizing instructional material.
- Assists children in eating or using the bathroom when necessary.
- Provides first aid and care for sick children.
- Cleans classrooms or eating areas.
- Alerts teacher of an individual child’s special needs or problems; calls parents to discuss students’ progress or disciplinary problems.
This position requires a minimum of 60 college hours or an Associate’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university; or, a high school diploma (or equivalent) and successful completion of the Austin Community College ParaEducator Institute course, Region 13 Education Service Center Paraprofessional Program, or similarly approved program/course. Additionally, this position requires an Educational Aide certificate as required by the State of Texas and/or Austin ISD and some experience working with children and computers.
This position requires in-service workshop training, seminars, and courses. This position requires basic understanding of computers and computer software and ability to interact with and relate to children. In addition to computers, incumbent may be required to operate a variety of office equipment, including photocopiers, laminating machines, and audiovisual equipment. Incumbent must have knowledge of CPR and other basic first aid techniques, and other specialized knowledge pertaining to subject areas and/or specific assignments.
Employees in this position must be able to read, write, and speak/communicate in English in order to receive and to provide work-related information in a timely manner to other employees, supervisors, principals, school personnel, volunteers and where appropriate, visitors and students.
JOB PURPOSE AND RESPONSIBILITY:
This position is responsible for providing general assistance to teacher and students in the school computer lab. Incumbent must exercise judgment in handling student disciplinary problems and in assessing students’ skill levels.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
Perform other related duties as assigned; however, all employees are expected to comply with lawful directives in rare situations driven by need where a team effort is required.
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Work is generally conducted in a classroom environment depending on course material or activities assigned. This position may involve rare exposure to blood or body fluids. Regular attendance is required for this position.
PERSONAL WORK RELATIONSHIPS:
Incumbent reports to principal at assigned school but may work under the general supervision of a classroom teacher. All work is reviewed by the teacher and/or program coordinator to ensure that
material is presented properly and a formal evaluation is conducted annually. Incumbent will have contact with students in order to provide job related instruction, guidance, and serve as an appropriate role model. Incumbent will have contact with teachers and principals in order to receive instructions and feedback, assist in planning, and discuss students’ progress/performance. Incumbent will have contact with parents in order to discuss students’ progress/performance and to listen to questions and concerns.
Pay Grade: CT4
Starting Salary: $13.95/Hr
Closing Date: Until Filled
An Equal Opportunity Employer