Austin Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Community Schools Site Coordinator
at Austin Independent School District
Openings as of 8/20/2019
06 - Admin Support/Secretarial/Clerical
- Community Schools Site Coordinator JobID: 28795
- Position Type:
06 - Admin Support/Secretarial/Clerical
- Date Posted:
Community Ed (External) For Fiscal Year:
- Recruit, identify, interview, train and supervise program staff (including classified staff, temp hourly employees), and volunteers.
- Create and deliver training and professional development to ensure that program is of the highest quality and aligned with state minimum standards for after school programming.
- Plan, create, implement, and evaluate after school programming curriculum in alignment with Austin ISD standards and state minimum standards for after school programming.
- Availability during the school day to provide advocacy to students enrolled in the program.
- Maintain communication and positive working relationships with school administration, teachers, staff, families, vendors, volunteers and community.
- Works with the community to bring outside resources, speakers, presentations and other opportunities to the program.
- Prepare necessary reports, track staff attendance and training hours, inputs data into computer system for record keeping purposes and evaluation and manage staff background checks for state licensing.
- Maintain necessary records for the program in compliance with Austin ISD, State and Federal policies, laws and regulations.
- Participate in school leadership committees such as Campus Advisory Council, PTA, and teacher team meeting in order to create a link between the after-school program and regular school day.
- Ensure high quality program services and program compliance with state licensing standards by conducting program site visits and evaluating programs on a regular basis.
- Assist with developing and updating Program Employee Manual, Parent Guide, registration forms and other program documents as needed.
- Manage staff time and attendance, as Timekeeper, to ensure accuracy of hours worked for staff.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree or Child Development Associate credential with at least six college credit hours in management and at least one to two years of experience in a state licensed operation; Program Director credential issue by the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services preferred. One (1) year of supervision experience is required. Position requires certification in CPR/First AID and Water Safety.
This position requires excellent interpersonal, communication, time management, organizational skills, and advanced skills in computer applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, Power Point, databases, data entry) Incumbent must be able to travel district wide by personal vehicle. Knowledge of curriculum planning, management, evaluation and program development process, including implementation is required. Incumbent must have skill in designing culturally competent activities for youth. Bilingual (Spanish/English) is preferred. Knowledge of Texas State Minimum Standards for Child Care is required.
JOB PURPOSE AND RESPONSIBILITY:
The position is responsible for the planning, organizing, scheduling and general supervision of an after-school program for Austin ISD at several campus sites. Additionally, this position is responsible for establishing and maintaining campus connections and relationships to develop out of school time (after school and summer) programs. This position is also responsible for the safety and security of students, staff, and school property during the OST program, including monitoring the program schedule to ensure appropriate staff/student ratios.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
Perform other related duties as assigned; however, all employees are expected to comply with lawful directives in rare situations driven by need where a team effort is required.
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Most work is performed in a standard office environment. However, regular travel to program campuses is required. During summer programming, attendance on field trips and at City of Austin pools may be necessary to ensure quality programming and program compliance. This position may involve rare exposure to blood or bodily fluids. Regular attendance is required for this position.
PERSONAL WORK RELATIONSHIPS:
Incumbent receives general instruction and guidance from supervisor on goals, objectives and priorities. Incumbent generally has latitude in making day-to-day operation decisions for after school and summer programs. Work is reviewed by supervisor on a regular basis and evaluation is based upon accomplishment of objectives and goals. The incumbent will have contact with supervisor, teachers, principals, and other district administrators, school staff, participants, outside organizations, and general public. Purpose of contact is to provide and obtain information, counsel, plan, implement and evaluate programs and coordinate activities.
Duty Days: 260
Pay Grade: CP1
Starting Salary: $21.91/Hr
Closing Date: Until Filled
An Equal Opportunity Employer