Austin Independent School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Communications Marketing Assistant
at Austin Independent School District
Job Reference #: 31489
Openings as of 10/16/2019
06 - Admin Support/Secretarial/Clerical
- Communications Marketing Assistant JobID: 31489
- Position Type:
06 - Admin Support/Secretarial/Clerical
- Date Posted:
Communication & Community Engagement For Fiscal Year:
- This position is funded by TUP funds and is contingent on this funding source to continue.
- Develops and evaluates long range market planning/strategies and metrics that align with the districts strategic plan and enrollment trends.
- Assists with the writing, planning, organizing and editing of communication materials for publication in a variety of forms, including electronic publication in a manner that markets the district’s achievements.
- Conducts market research and needs assessment surveys to include, but not limited, to parents guardians and stakeholders.
- Conducts presentations and school tours to promote schools, programs and other initiatives.
- Designs, researches, writes and edits communication collateral for external use.
- Assists with the coordination and production of marketing materials. Examples of work product include letters, key messages, FAQs, brochures, PowerPoint presentations, fliers and other design collateral in a manner that markets the district’s achievements.
- Assists in the planning and development of advertising/promotional campaigns/strategies that speak to the school’s demographics.
- Plan publicity events to increase awareness of the school district and/or designated schools i.e., arrange facilities, invite appropriate groups and individuals, make arrangement to invite media, etc.
- Develops and updates district and designated school websites.
- Assists with photography and videos for promotional use.
- Designs, maintains or coordinates databases i.e., mailing lists, neighborhood association & organization lists, etc.
- Populates social media platforms and assist with social media responses.
- Assists with ensuring that employees are well-informed, in a timely manner, regarding district objectives, events and decisions around matters affecting their working conditions.
- Assists with drafting news releases and web stories in a manner that markets the district’s achievement.
High School degree or equivalent, prefer ably a bachelor degree with major coursework in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Public Relations or related field; A minimum of one (1) year of professional or intern work related experience in marketing is preferred. Bilingual preferred (English/Spanish). Incumbent must have a valid Texas Operators Driver’s license.
The position requires knowledge of marketing, communications, public relations and programs; ability to build and execute a marketing plan. This position requires demonstrated ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with Austin ISD employees, the public and ability to assist with the training of staff regarding best marketing practices. The position requires demonstrated ability to quickly build rapport with staff. The incumbent must have the ability to work in a self-directed manner within a fast-paced deadline driving and complex environment that includes different department and campuses. This position will work with frequent interruptions and changes in priorities. The incumbent must have skills in handling multiple projects, prioritizing, planning and organizing; skills in data analysis and problem solving. Successful candidates will have exceptional oral, writing, proofreading and editing skills with a demonstrated ability to compose communications pieces for publication. Knowledge of media production, media buys, communication and dissemination techniques and methods is a must. This position requires proficiency with technology to perform assigned duties, including InDesign, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop.
Employees in this position must be able to read, write, and speak/communicate in English in order to receive and to provide work-related information in a timely manner to other employees, supervisors, principals, school personnel, volunteers and where appropriate, visitors and students.
JOB PURPOSE AND RESPONSIBILITY:
Under the supervision of the Project Director of Public Affairs and Operations, this position develops, implements and executes strategic marketing and communication strategies for Austin ISD schools, to increase community awareness of the district. The incumbent will manage marketing and external communications strategies for designated schools.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
Perform other related duties as assigned; however, all employees are expected to comply with lawful directives in rare situations driven by need where a team effort is required.
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made if necessary.
Work is performed in an office setting. Position requires sitting, standing, lifting and may require travel to campuses. This position may involve rare exposure to blood or body fluids. Regular attendance is required for this position.
PERSONAL WORK RELATIONSHIPS:
This position reports to the Project Director of Public Affairs and Operations.
Pay Grade: NIS 8
Starting Salary: $21.91/Hr
Closing Date: Until Filled
An Equal Opportunity Employer